Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Just a quick note from my passing here last night (no pics, it was getting dark, I didn't see good added value w/so many excellent contributions by others as of late)......

So I cross Spadina and I see a couple of people scarfing on Prince Street Pizza, me being me, I just walk up and ask how it is......... LOL

They raved almost as much as @Johnny Au ; they apparently drove in from Brampton to try it. LOL

I had thought maybe I'd grab a slice, but they reported that the wait at 5pm on a Sunday was 1 hour for a slice.

"That's it" I said to myself, I can't get a slice here til the impact of @Johnny Au 's review wears off.........

I'll be by to grab a slice in February.

Last edited:
Another store about to open. Taken 6 November.

IMG_4940.jpeg
IMG_4941.jpeg
IMG_4942.jpeg

Just a quick note from my passing here last night (no pics, it wasn't late, I didn't see good added value w/so many excellent contributions by others as of late)......

I must have just missed you!

I went through with my wife, and I think it's nice (I had a walkthrough a few months ago, but more stuff is open now), but her reaction was "From what I'd read about it, I thought it would look less like a shopping mall." She's no architecture critic, but found it pretty bland. I was surprised.

And even the lineups for coffee were a bit too long for us.

I went to explore the area a bit but I found it a bit dangerous. Lots of construction going on yet people are allowed to pass through. Had 2 guys holding long metal poles almost hit me with them. Maybe I could get a nice condo out of this...

Looks like christmas-themed decor to me. A tree maybe?
Gotta say, the wood and concrete pillars do not work well together. I didn't notice how bad the bare concrete was until the wood panels drew my eye to them.
I coulda said the same thing about the pot lights at the base of the pillars.
While the concrete does look exposed, I think it looks really good

Apparently lulu might be opening in 2024 too...

Correct

• As at November 2, 2023, approximately 96% of the total commercial space at The Well is leased with approximately 89% or 1,323,000 square feet (at 100% ownership interest) in tenant possession. The retail component is 91% leased with another 2% in late stage negotiations. New additions to the tenant roster, such as Lululemon and Sephora, further enhance the retail mix at The Well. The retail at The Well has been physically opening in phases, and the majority of tenants are expected to be open by the end of 2023.

from - https://www.riocan.com/English/inve...iness-and-Development-Deliveries/default.aspx

Back