Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

The continued obsession with a certain corporation is bizarre. Which retailer moves in is neither here nor there. Perhaps we can get back to The Well?
What's as funny as the pro-Apple posts are the anti-Apple posts, maybe even funnier, from people who aren't even willing to acknowledge that there might be something special about Apple stores or their products, just because they don't use them. Wondering whether Apple might have a store in a mall is relevant to the thread for that mall. Apple stores have per square foot sales that are far beyond those of other retailers and they drive traffic to malls. Mall operators would kill to have them. Toronto has too few of the stores, so they are too crowded. Will The Well get one? It's not in the plans apparently, so too bad.

There's a bit of irony about someone complaining about an obsession with a certain thing given that person's own obsession with 400m+ towers being built in the city.

It was a throwaway few comment about a potential retail client - that was it.

Just want to chime in and say the nobody must talk about Apple stores it's Off Topic reactionary posts and the meta-discussions and discord they create in threads such as here and in The One thread are way more derailing to me than actual discussion of Apple stores. Just IMO, and with respect to all, I just wish we could just chill and let people talk about what they want to talk about. It's a forum, not a legal proceeding.

And I think discussion of what retailers we might see in the mall component here is pretty relevant. I don't see why it should be a forbidden topic.

Disclosure: user of Apple products, disliker of Apple's often user-hostile approach to doing business.

What's as funny as the pro-Apple posts are the anti-Apple posts, maybe even funnier, from people who aren't even willing to acknowledge that there might be something special about Apple stores or their products, just because they don't use them. Wondering whether Apple might have a store in a mall is relevant to the thread for that mall. Apple stores have per square foot sales that are far beyond those of other retailers and they drive traffic to malls. Mall operators would kill to have them. Toronto has too few of the stores, so they are too crowded. Will The Well get one? It's not in the plans apparently, so too bad.

Mass hysteria lol

I don't like this. The green glass has ruined it. This city's obsession with that kind of glass is nauseating.
I find the obsession with blue glass nauseating.

I actually like the green curtainwall on The Well. Only 5% of projects at most can boast having actual curved curtainwall sections too.'

The green compliments the red nicely.

What worries me is the colorless or potential blue window wall on the residential towers that has yet to be installed.

The lower office tower was been remove today and maybe 100% complete today as well.

I shot the site from various angles as well doing a 360 of the sight and never notice the crane being remove. As I pass the office site, I notice the gate was open and saw a flat deck in there with nothing on it. Assume it or something else was taking place and moved on to my next site to shoot.

Heading back to Spadina on Front, notice another flat deck and carry on. As I near Spadina, notice a red object being lower by the tower crane and look like a piece for the concrete pump. It either has a problem or finish it work. I then look at the roof and sure not ready this month, but more late March. Did not do a floor count to see where it was at this time. I then notice the lower crane with the top gone other than the cab and shaft.

As I came back down Spadina to the Taylor, try to get some shoots, but the sun was killing the shots. Final found a spot to see what had taken place since I saw and notice the cab was gone. Then notice crew removing the bolts for the next section, leaving only the shaft to be remove. This was around noon. Photos should be up in the next day or so.

A658F2B3-A309-493C-B47F-1FFB6B52DF55.jpeg
9ED9EC15-92AD-46E6-8663-60FD8792307F.jpeg

The lower office tower was been remove today and maybe 100% complete today as well.

I shot the site from various angles as well doing a 360 of the sight and never notice the crane being remove. As I pass the office site, I notice the gate was open and saw a flat deck in there with nothing on it. Assume it or something else was taking place and moved on to my next site to shoot.

Heading back to Spadina on Front, notice another flat deck and carry on. As I near Spadina, notice a red object being lower by the tower crane and look like a piece for the concrete pump. It either has a problem or finish it work. I then look at the roof and sure not ready this month, but more late March. Did not do a floor count to see where it was at this time. I then notice the lower crane with the top gone other than the cab and shaft.

As I came back down Spadina to the Taylor, try to get some shoots, but the sun was killing the shots. Final found a spot to see what had taken place since I saw and notice the cab was gone. Then notice crew removing the bolts for the next section, leaving only the shaft to be remove. This was around noon. Photos should be up in the next day or so.
Exciting description! Looking forward to seeing the photos

Back