Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Metrolinx has a very large amount of employees - I know they have space in Union, Brookfield Place, and Waterpark Place. Their capital program takes a huge amount of staff to administer. They aren't "lead tenant of 1 million sf office building" big, but it's not like its 100 employees or something.

Metrolinx has a very large amount of employees - I know they have space in Union, Brookfield Place, and Waterpark Place. Their capital program takes a huge amount of staff to administer. They aren't "lead tenant of 1 million sf office building" big, but it's not like its 100 employees or something.

They also have office space in the burbs for initiatives like Smart Commute.

Pics taken Jan 11, 2018

ynYctQR.jpg

faTpSwJ.jpg

So from the article, seems like they’re saving money from the design of the towers and investing heavily in the podiums and street level.. I’m not complaining but I feel like the tower designs could be better.

The residential towers are essentially a different project from the podium and office tower.

Different ownership group (Tridel + Woodbourne) for the residential.

Thanks for catching the height typo @ChesterCopperpot. I've updated the story, and the database file (for all building heights, plus the increase in housing units from 1,634 or so to 1,818), but I've put in 571 ft/174 m to account for the foot-high parapet around the roof of the office tower.

@DonValleyRainbow

I should add one thing re: the tread title. Our software has automatically taken the highest number of metres (the office building) and the most number of floors (the tallest residential tower) and put them into the thread title together, when really the title should read 36s to match the number of metres for the office tower.

Attachments

• dzN8KUx.jpg
    dzN8KUx.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 474

Back