Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Update from this morning out my office windows.
New crane being installed, New ramp at the far west as mentioned above^^, first basement floor of the office tower has been started and rebar for the next set of columns is already up. Column forms are up on the rental tower base.

Cheers,
View attachment 154389
View attachment 154382 View attachment 154383 View attachment 154384 View attachment 154385 View attachment 154386
Was wondering what that blue bin is on the side of the old ramp please...? and ty..

Was wondering what that blue bin is on the side of the old ramp please...? and ty..

It is a water tank for the removal of the excess water in the pits after it rains. Also that water could be used for other on site work, like the watering of the new ramp or to minimize dust when digging/hammering the bedrock.

Pics taken Aug 23, 2018

AMw2jzD.jpg

85J4IUg.jpg

M4APQKn.jpg

It is a water tank for the removal of the excess water in the pits after it rains. Also that water could be used for other on site work, like the watering of the new ramp or to minimize dust when digging/hammering the bedrock.
thank you tst...
i predict least 10 cranes in there as not even to 1/2 there all 4 so fare to the east side and would that be one pumpcrete for each crane..? verdi co. has lot of in stock...cranes and all..

Last edited:
I assume the walls being poured for the office tower's basement floors will be knockouts? Creating an interesting divide on the site as the office rises.

I assume the walls being poured for the office tower's basement floors will be knockouts? Creating an interesting divide on the site as the office rises.

The entire basement is to be built across the whole site, so no need for knockout walls between the office and residential.
There will be however knockouts for the proposed connection to the Front/Spadina Go station.

The entire basement is to be built across the whole site, so no need for knockout walls between the office and residential.
There will be however knockouts for the proposed connection to the Front/Spadina Go station.
Details like this just makes the entire project so damn fascinating.

So how does The Well compare on a footprint basis to other single buildings in the city? Will this be one of the largest building footprints that isn't a stadium or mall (...that doesn't have a significant residential/office component)?

So how does The Well compare on a footprint basis to other single buildings in the city? Will this be one of the largest building footprints that isn't a stadium or mall (...that doesn't have a significant residential/office component)?

It's still larger.

Back