Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Both Raccoons and black/white squirrels deserve some recognition! Those are probably the two wild animals you see most in this city, besides pigeons. I'd love to see a park, fountain or major artwork dedicated to them. They both represent the city and are cute as hell!

I would love a park designed around the black/white squirrels we have. Raccoons are a bit generic, but the squirrels are almost unique to Toronto.

Raccoons have become so connected to the city, though, as of late. Hell, last summer I had five raccoons on my fence one night.

I'm seeing less and less since the city introduced the raccoon proof green bins. Seeing more and more possums. Damn you Red Green! Those things are uuugly.

Don't kid yourself about the raccoon population and those so-called 'raccoon-proof' green bins. Word on the street is they simply chew through 'em now. The citizens of Raccoon Nation are damn smart and they're patient. There's grub in them thar bins!

As for possums, they've been steadily making their way north for several years now. Expect to see more of them. Personally, can't wait to see how the two species compete for space in my own backyard (not).

The only times I have seen an opossum alive (not on the roadside) they have been scarfing down roadkill squirrels. Seriously I have seen this more than once. They are like rats with alligator teeth. Cute when their mouths are shut though.

I would love a park designed around the black/white squirrels we have. Raccoons are a bit generic, but the squirrels are almost unique to Toronto.
Raccoons are everywhere but not in the numbers you find in Toronto. Supposedly, Toronto is the raccoon capital of North America, so since the little critters love our city that much, we need to send some love and recognition back. They don't call Toronto "Raccoon City" for nothing!

Raccoons are everywhere but not in the numbers you find in Toronto. Supposedly, Toronto is the raccoon capital of North America, so since the little critters love our city that much, we need to send some love and recognition back. They don't call Toronto "Raccoon City" for nothing!

Well, we can start by renaming the Raptors.

This part of town will become a classy place to live or hang out in the future. I can see Spadina Ave all done up with bicycle path and cobble stone walkways. Once all the development starts happening that area.

July 23, 2017 - New on site at The Well - a ground sampling rig, in the South East Corner, behind the hoarding at Spadina and Front. Hopefully a harbinger of the next stage of work to come....

The Well - 2017-07-23.jpg

Attachments

• The Well - 2017-07-23.jpg
    The Well - 2017-07-23.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 380
Raccoons are way better adapted for life in the city. I would love this city far less if they were eradicated like above suggested.
Hate for raccoons is where you lose my respect, sorry.

Last edited:

Back