Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Are those two weird angled protrusions suppose to be holding something eventually?

From the Tridel livecam:

image1.jpg

The fine quality of the office tower glass and the cross bracing, albeit cosmetic is growing on me. As for the Well overall I'm enjoying the coloured brick panelling, the fins and how this somewhat massive project has been broken up cladding wise and physically at the podium level. I think this ones shaping up to be a major positive development to downtown westside.

The fine quality of the office tower glass and the cross bracing, albeit cosmetic is growing on me. As for the Well overall I'm enjoying the coloured brick panelling, the fins and how this somewhat massive project has been broken up cladding wise and physically at the podium level. I think this ones shaping up to be a major positive development to downtown westside.
Same here. It's grown on me even though I still dislike the office tower podium and tower colour. But the fins helped enormously.

I still wish the Wellington residential had brick instead of spandrel in the windows, but it's a minor annoyance.

If the retail generates a lot of foot traffic, this should be one of the best developments in recent memory.

This article posted by @AlbertC in the retail thread has some great interior progress photos I don't recall seeing (November 2021). The slim charcoal brick panels that are seen in the renders of the Wellington Market can be seen on the right of this photo, along with all the connecting bridges, it's really quite a sight. Snow seems to just sit on the skylight, melting system must not be on yet.

(Source)

the-well-RI-6.png
IMG_2560-1200x900.jpg

This article posted by @AlbertC in the retail thread has some great interior progress photos I don't recall seeing (November 2021). The slim charcoal brick panels that are seen in the renders of the Wellington Market can be seen on the right of this photo, along with all the connecting bridges, it's really quite a sight. Snow seems to just sit on the skylight, melting system must not be on yet.

(Source)

the-well-RI-6.png
IMG_2560-1200x900.jpg
I love that scaffolding too.

Those appear to be identical but likely just done on a later round of renders after changes were made elsewhere. Just looks like the angle and the quality of light was changed.
Did you not notice the difference in the materiality? 😂
Missing potlights under the L3 balustrades, and illumination under the skybridges; and one of the skybridges between the two podiums on the left went from an open truss to covered up. Minor changes, but it's there.

EDIT: oh and the flooring for the retail went from narrow to wide tiles on both sides. The truss pattern of the bottom of the skybridges have also changed.

AoD
So are those changes confirmed? It would be kind of sad to me, as I prefer the version we usually see on UT.
I think the gold-coloured ceiling looks better but aside from that, it's worse.
  • The bridges don't have lighting and the black bars are very thin.
  • The ceilings of the stucco-like podium are no longer made of wood and are just white.
  • The unit paving is much larger in the pop-up retail/eating areas.
  • Lighting is warmer and I like that... although it might just be a rendering and not an accurate representation of the lighting colour.
  • And some other minor revisions.
A notable detail is that the "red fin" version has sliding doors for the retail spaces and the "gold fin" version does not. That might be an indication of a final design.

Back