Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Hmmm, my bet is on Gusto 54 Restaurant Group though I'm not sure they'd have the financial standing to pull something like that off.
They just spent a lot of money finishing and opening Gusto 501 and haven't made any return on that yet, so it might be tough for them to commit to something else right now.

I'm not surprised by the absence of a large grocery store on the site. There is the new Farm Boy just west on Bathurst, and such a store would have been a competitor to the food stalls within the development. Shoppers offers food, but on a much smaller scale.

A better location for any new supermarket-size store would be east of Spadina - like in the eventual development of the block defined by Wellington, Blue Jay's Way and Front.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the event space. TIFF might become cinema-challenged in the next few years, so it will be interesting to see if any of the event space can be tied in with the festival.
Yes that makes sense with the food market
Really hoping TIFF can come here if not Cineplex!

Hmmm, my bet is on Gusto 54 Restaurant Group though I'm not sure they'd have the financial standing to pull something like that off. Other than that maybe Terroni or Overbudget Inc.?

So many options! 🤔

LOL

No, no and no.

You're out of clues now.

It's possible, it's a well known (in Toronto), Toronto-based restaurant group. ;)
Hmmm, my bet is on Gusto 54 Restaurant Group though I'm not sure they'd have the financial standing to pull something like that off. Other than that maybe Terroni or Overbudget Inc.?

So many options! 🤔

It's INK.

Patria, Bisha, Kost, Weslodge, Akira Back, French Made, Figo, Spoke Club all in the area.

Before COVID, I know that Charles had plans to further dominate the neighourhood's hospitality. Eat where you like, you're eating at my restaurants. Surefire way to be successful in the restaurant business in Toronto's premier restaurant neighbourhood.

I'd love to see a Time Out Market like the one in Montreal. It's pricey but offers a nice food/drink experience. I thought one would be going in here for sure. Guess not.

It's INK.

Patria, Bisha, Kost, Weslodge, Akira Back, French Made, Figo, Spoke Club all in the area.

Before COVID, I know that Charles had plans to further dominate the neighourhood's hospitality. Eat where you like, you're eating at my restaurants. Surefire way to be successful in the restaurant business in Toronto's premier restaurant neighbourhood.

Don't think so.

Well, not wanting to feel left out here, I'm gonna go with the killer combo of a Swiss Chalet, Milestones, Kelsey's, Montana's, East Side Mario's, a bunch of other assorted youknow'em-youlove'em chains, and finally a new Harvey's downtown! That's right - Recipe Unlimited!!! (formerly Cara).

Bring on the 'nope.'

I'd love to see a Time Out Market like the one in Montreal. It's pricey but offers a nice food/drink experience. I thought one would be going in here for sure. Guess not.
...unless a "well-known Toronto-based restaurant group" will be operating it on their behalf...hmm...

Maybe Mark McEwan will open a high end restaurant, catering kitchen with event space, middle of the road mass appeal Italian, sandwich/pizza counter, a hot table (will those ever be allowed again?) and a small fancy grocery store? He must be itching to get his hands on some of all that disposable income moving to King West these days.

Well, not wanting to feel left out here, I'm gonna go with the killer combo of a Swiss Chalet, Milestones, Kelsey's, Montana's, East Side Mario's, a bunch of other assorted youknow'em-youlove'em chains, and finally a new Harvey's downtown! That's right - Recipe Unlimited!!! (formerly Cara).

Bring on the 'nope.'

Thank goodness that's a 'No'

Bring on the 'nope.'

Great, Wellington Landing.

as seen from Yonge/Bloor - now definitely peaking out above the rest of the entertainment district buildings

TheWell2.jpg

TheWell1.jpg

I'm not surprised by the absence of a large grocery store on the site. There is the new Farm Boy just west on Bathurst, and such a store would have been a competitor to the food stalls within the development. Shoppers offers food, but on a much smaller scale.

A better location for any new supermarket-size store would be east of Spadina - like in the eventual development of the block defined by Wellington, Blue Jay's Way and Front.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the event space. TIFF might become cinema-challenged in the next few years, so it will be interesting to see if any of the event space can be tied in with the festival.
Theres a longos going up at "the taylor" at the corner of king and spadina

Back