Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

This'll definitely be fun to watch, two towers rising simultaneously beside each other. A race to the top, though with a shorter height, Blu will presumably finish first.

January 10

Looking northeast with Crystal Blu (Bazis) in the foreground and Uptown (Pemberton) in the background.
3197329988_4f718d1181_b.jpg

Looking southeast with BSN and Casa in the background.
3197329994_a04c8852af_b.jpg

Interesting to see how these buildings in this area will "exactly" look like next year. Expected occupancy date for The Uptown Residences is June 2010 according to NP.

In terms of average price, they are selling these around 700 per sq. ft. and I think the other project of Pemberton that is "U" Condos is selling for 600 per sq. ft. (pre-construction). I am surprised they can still sell at these levels. Is Toronto central becoming more expensive relative to NYC or London (esp with prices going down in these cities) ?

Interesting to see how these buildings in this area will "exactly" look like next year. Expected occupancy date for The Uptown Residences is June 2010 according to NP.

In terms of average price, they are selling these around 700 per sq. ft. and I think the other project of Pemberton that is "U" Condos is selling for 600 per sq. ft. (pre-construction). I am surprised they can still sell at these levels. Is Toronto central becoming more expensive relative to NYC or London (esp with prices going down in these cities) ?

I don't think Toronto central is becoming more expensive than New York or London, but, current downturn notwithstanding, Toronto is catching up. Imagine Yonge and Bloor once the streetscaping is done and these towers are up. The fate of 1BE is also pivotal in this transformation. Once Bazis gets this thing done, it will be the hottest neighbourhood in town.

Cheaper than Mumbai and Moscow... hot stuff :D

It only hit me today how strange it is that this massive 48-floor tower (and next door a 30-something floor tower, CrystalBlu) is being built on tiny Balmuto Street.

It's going to look sweet though.

^

because the Balmuto land is cheap(er), and City wouldn't approve this kind of building on Yonge Street, unless it's on a major intersection.

I'd call it the entire area from Bloor to the lake, and from the Parliament to Bathurst. Tho one could also argue the northern boundary should be Davenport, and that the Don/Dufferin make better east/west boundaries.

Around the Financial District centered on King & Bay or
around the Civic Centre centered at Queen & Bay or
geographic center centered around Yorkdale Mall

some might also say Dundas Square

The geographic centre is around Thorncliffe Park - Overlea Blvd west of Don Mills... but for the purposes of this study they'd be looking at prices in a reasonably large area centering on downtown: something like Bathurst to the DVP, St. Clair to the Lake, for example?

My hope for The Uptown would be that it has precast of this quality, and perhaps about this colour:

(Photo is of the Ritz Carlton)

3264290695_50878337e0_b.jpg

Back