Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Here's a quick render with One Bloor and some other towers completed.

Enjoy

4462533010_489781a7c6_o.jpg

(Original courtesy urbandreamer )

Last edited:
Whoa! What a jump! ^^^ The last time i saw Uptown in Urban Dreamers view it was just popping out! Now its in full sight! The Crystal Blu cladding looks almost at the top! The new One Bloor will be the centerpiece of this shot! :D

Thanks for the Render Traynor.. But.. i think 1Bloor and FS are a little to huge!

which is the render on the right of the picture? Is it casa or x? I was looking for Casa. Which one is FS?

...Thanks for the Render Traynor.. But.. i think 1Bloor and FS are a little to huge!

Hey Steveve, you're welcome. I posted it in here by mistake I was aiming for the One Bloor thread, but no matter, Uptown is in the render too.

I did an accurate measurement of the towers using the others at Yonge and Bloor as reference. I created a scale to define 1o meters at that distance and then extrapolated from there. Four Seasons will be almost 60 meters taller than 2 Bloor West, Despite the many flaws in my render... Height is not one of them. That is pretty close to how they will appear from that view.

which is the render on the right of the picture? Is it casa or x? I was looking for Casa. Which one is FS?

I did nothing to Casa. That is how it really looks in urbandreamer's original photo. It is the tall silvery building with the "Hat" on the far right. X is tucked in between Manulife and Crystal Blue, also original; to the photo and not re-touched.

Here is urbandreamer's original zoomed out photograph:

Attachments

• Yonge and Bloor Skyline 005.jpg
    Yonge and Bloor Skyline 005.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Red Mars! I love that 2nd shot! I've never seen Uptown so skinny and without the setbacks in view! Where did you take that from! :D

2nd shot taken from Sultan St. - off of St. Thomas St.

Google maps will show you the vantage point - Satellite view

Cheers

RM

Here's where they're at this morning.

The recent rains still haven't washed away any of the stained precast. It's very noticeable. Did someone make a poor decision here?

DSCN5728.jpg

DSCN5729.jpg

Are there any expected buildings to go up beside uptown? I'm surprised the base has no windows otherwise.

Are there any expected buildings to go up beside uptown? I'm surprised the base has no windows otherwise.

Sounds plausible. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the base is mostly parking levels, though I'm not sure why that would make a difference.

Well it's probably expected that something larger-- at least a midrise-- will go at the southwest corner of Yonge and Bloor at somet point.

Windows are not allowed when a building is built to the lot line like Uptown is.

Back