Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

That black granite should have been on Trump.

Yeah,.. maybe... In some renders it was depicted with the black granite... in others with the greyish granite...

The uptown granite looks fantastic! It goes great with that temporary black wood hoarding too! THAT is classy granite :D

Here's a quick video i took on March 17, 2010 (i forgot to upload it till now!)

[video=youtube;IVWRNiHc-dE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVWRNiHc-dE[/video]

Vid by me: steveve :D

Just found this image, buried deep in SkyscraperCity archives, listed as 764 Yonge...

Ed-764-Yonge-01.jpg

Just found this image, buried deep in SkyscraperCity archives, listed as 764 Yonge...

Not a major deal but 764 Yonge was the Uptown Theatre's address. Uptown Condos should have a Balmuto Street address, I think it's 35 Balmuto.

Nice little render! ^^^

But as Ramako mentioned, the setbacks are inverted... And i would think Uptown will be a little bit skinnier and obstructed by Crystal Blu!:p
why is the logo atop 2 bloor different?

I made that years ago. No idea how I managed to reverse the tower, and didn't even notice that before. That said, the proportions are correct based on the elevations provided to the City. Not sure if they've changed since initially being proposed. The height may not be exact but it's fairly close.

...why is the logo atop 2 bloor different?

The Wine Glass logo, (as it was referred to because it resembled a Brandy snifter) was CIBC's logo for half a century at least. It was on the top of 2 Bloor West since it was built. I'm not sure exactly when it was changed to their new style CIBC with the swoosh underneath.

When I was a little younger than you Steveve I watched them build Commerce Court West and for a time a lighted logo was on the roof. Then it mysteriously disappeared and no logo was on CCW until the early 2000's I believe.

2876762142a38689ac33b.jpg

(Courtesy Ramako at UT http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?464-Uptown-Residences-(Balmuto-St-Pemberton-48s-Burka)/page61 )

The Wine Glass logo, (as it was referred to because it resembled a Brandy snifter) was CIBC's logo for half a century at least. It was on the top of 2 Bloor West since it was built. I'm not sure exactly when it was changed to their new style CIBC with the swoosh underneath.

When I was a little younger than you Steveve I watched them build Commerce Court West and for a time a lighted logo was on the roof. Then it mysteriously disappeared and no logo was on CCW until the early 2000's I believe.

2876762142a38689ac33b.jpg

(Courtesy Ramako at UT http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?464-Uptown-Residences-(Balmuto-St-Pemberton-48s-Burka)/page61 )

ahhhh... no wonder i didn't recognize it... sadly, i was never alive to see any huge/landmark (200m+) towers be built in Toronto up until the Bay Adelaide Centre was built... I guess i'm watching the new boom in massive/landmark skyscrapers in Toronto such as RBC Cenre, Bay Adelaide West, Ritz Carlton, Shangri-la, Four Seasons, Trump Toronto, Aura, etc... feels good to be young! :D

^Come on lil steveve, you've been 14 for 3 years now! ;)

..Right-on steveve, hopefully in your lifetime you wil get to see a 300m+ tower built in Toronto....lol lol...

yeah.,... maybe.. the closest i came to encountering one was Trump... until they had a height decrease... But now that we're seeing all these 150mish condo towers (like Uptown), it really makes up for anything! We have towers going up everywhere across the city! For example, in Yorkville alone Casa, BSN, Uptown, etc... Now.. back to Uptown :D

Back