Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

it is the pale precast which forms blank walls that I take offense with ~

matter of fact is ... the pale + plain precast is acutally going to be applied to the entire building on ALL sides (except for the Balmuto Street facade in the podium levels)

Aug 12

It taking it's sweet time to get built
IMG_aug-12-09-0151.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0153.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0153.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0159.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0170.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0171.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0166.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0264.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0265.jpg

It taking it's sweet time to get built

It's those above ground parking levels that is moving this along slowly. It looks like they are above that area now so it should speed up in the next few weeks once they get into the groove pouring the standard floor plates.

It's those above ground parking levels that is moving this along slowly. It looks like they are above that area now so it should speed up in the next few weeks once they get into the groove pouring the standard floor plates.

They were moving find until they hit this level and been there a few weeks. The precast was up the last time I shot it.

We don't need anymore stinking parking levels as they only have to go here and get a spot.
IMG_aug-12-09-0191.jpg

This is from the model at their Sales office on how the precast would look on completion..

Attachments

• Uptown Precast1.png
    Uptown Precast1.png
    269.2 KB · Views: 227
  • Uptown Precast2.jpg
    Uptown Precast2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 223
And the whole building model.

uptown_model2.jpg

Forgive me, I don't know who photographed this, this photo has been in my Uptown file on my HD for quite some time.

love the form/massing of this with all the different set backs and the New York / Art Deco inspired style! The lobby looks very classy as well. Its just a shame that all the cladding is going to be precast...

Last edited:
And the whole building model.

Forgive me, I don't know who photographed this, this photo has been in my Uptown file on my HD for quite some time.

I believe Casaguy shot that one. It's good to know that other people have huge, teeming folders of project photos, model shots and renders - makes me feel a little more sane.

I believe Casaguy shot that one. It's good to know that other people have huge, teeming folders of project photos, model shots and renders - makes me feel a little more sane.

I shot over 12,000 photo's so far this year, and 75% of them on various projects on this board. 24% on transit with 1% catch all.

One day I hope to have them up on my urban site after I bring the transit site on line now I have a quick way for posting the photo's.

If this was still the old film days, would never shot that many. The best I did was shot 40 rolls of 36 shot film on a week trip. Today, I can shoot between 0-500 a day. Shot 36 today just on transit.

Back