Toronto The United BLDG | 179.52m | 52s | Davpart | B+H

Kinda sad its probably not going through, but also happy that hopefully whoever does build on this site gives us a better tower than the glass box that was proposed.

Interesting - I wonder how different it will be from the original zoning proposal.
1543972247643.png

Looks like a Zara will anchor one of the expanded retail spots at the base. Really digging the colour too, the gold will stand out favourably relative to 488 across the street I think.

Seems like a big improvement over the zoning proposal imo!

Wow ! this is much different from the other rendering. I really like the way it Blends in with the old building with its gold and tan tone of colours.

A gold star example of Toronto's hilarious signature style: building buildings on top of buildings.

The tower portion is, well, pretty good and could turn out quite nice if done well. And even if everything else was bad, that the tower features a warm colour for once puts it head and shoulders above most similar buildings in the city.

The hovering podium levels though are stunning. The angular level with the gold balcony railings is impressively graceful and striking modernism and it sits in such a comfortable juxtaposition with the curved glass section which feels very Best of Toronto 2018 and then comfortably also with the heritage buildings below, bringing them all together in a way where the whole becomes greater than the sum of its parts. And then, wow, on top of it all the arcades that turn this desolate block into a place for people. Really really impressive!

Back