Mississauga The Southlands | ?m | 72s | Camrost-Felcorp | a—A

Sales Office coming soon:
Sales Office.jpg

Camrost Felcorp Inc now owns 3672 Kariya Dr, 152 & 180 Burnhamthorpe Road West.

Expect to see a change in building height

An EA has been done to extend Webb Dr to Kariya Dr as well a road between 152 & 180 Burnhamthorpe Road West or could be part of 152 Burnhamthorpe Road West. That road will line up with the new road on the west side of the Exchange District that will connect to City Centre Dr.

Hearing for the sales office was on Oct 29, 2020

Unofficially Mississauga did have Max Height until M City came along. The rental tower plan at Grand Dr was 33 story across from Pinnacle tower and council wanted it to be 15 story to slop up to Duke of York and then slop down to the east. 40 Story where the height at DoY. That statement is on a city video from a council meeting. Ask Pinnacle why their Uptown towers where cut back and lower when it went the larger plan went to council for approval. I spoke before council in support of that development and sad to see what there now.

The City talk the good talk that the sky is the limit for height and any tall towers by developers who wanted to do that, where taken behind close door and told this is how height you are going to be allow to build.

The City had a 1:1 ratio for parking in the core and increase it to 1:1025 a number of years ago. Various developers wanted to go less, but the city said it must be 1:1 min. Edger Towers wanted to be 50%, but the city said no, considering it by the plan LRT. It will not be 1:1, but around 70%. All the parking standards for Sq One Lands where reduced last fall.

I have sat at a numerous planning and development committees over the years for height and parking. These are the first 2 things the NIMBY folks jump on for most development city wide.

Do you think buildings should be taller around Erin Mills Town Centre compare to the current 25 story building being built???
@drum118 what are the next steps to get the City to allow reduced parking standards without such a fight? The LRT is "under construction" and tendered, is this an Official Plan policy issue? The planners blame the Councillors but something has to give here. DC's and construction costs are already high with bedrock all over the place. Would 0.5 stalls/unit along Hurontario be such a bad idea? Time to get into the new millennium Sauga.

This is about as bland as you can get. The most monotonous and generic podium with 0 visual interest and differentiation; with bland towers duplicated 4 times over with a shifting cube placed in all 4 to "break-up" the massing and save the towers from being considered as a regular generic box condos.

Im sorry Camrost is bestowing this on you Mississauga.

So this is separate from the aA design at 152 Burnhamthorpe Rd W?

Not sure but I would imagine so. Site area is 1.11ac so perhaps someone with some time can figure out if it's both addresses or just the one?

Not sure but I would imagine so. Site area is 1.11ac so perhaps someone with some time can figure out if it's both addresses or just the one?
I think 180 Burnhamthorpe is the "field of trees" in the rendering. The middle set of buildings (with "exchange" written on it) is 152 Burnhamthorpe, and the lone tower to the east is a Kariya dr address.

Back