Toronto The Selby | 165.5m | 50s | Tricon | bKL Architecture

I have lived right in st james town, now I am on sherbourne... I must say it feels different, even though it is so close. Retail is desperately needed though. Anything would liven it up. But I certainly wouldnt mind more food options, for restaurants you either need to go to parliament or church/yonge. Jarvis is even worse for anything to offer.

I cannot wait for some colour though. I'm so glad that cityzen is willing to do things that others are not.

the entire building has apparently been sold to a US equity group, apparently to be turned into a rental. They sold around 200 units on opening weekend, and promptly cancelled them due to the purchase.

Quite a similar style sale to King Blue, actually.

http://www.truecondos.com/minto-west-side-matt-kingston

They actually didn't sell 200 units. Only sold 50 out of 200. Friend bought one of her clients a penthouse unit there and was upset it didn't pan through.

They actually didn't sell 200 units. Only sold 50 out of 200. Friend bought one of her clients a penthouse unit there and was upset it didn't pan through.

There's always the rental penthouse. The renthouse? ... I'll show myself out

So will the building design remain the same? I hope the colour doesn't change? That big flash of red/orange is needed in our skyline.

I have lived right in st james town, now I am on sherbourne... I must say it feels different, even though it is so close. Retail is desperately needed though. Anything would liven it up. But I certainly wouldnt mind more food options, for restaurants you either need to go to parliament or church/yonge. Jarvis is even worse for anything to offer.

I cannot wait for some colour though. I'm so glad that cityzen is willing to do things that others are not.

Indeed. Jarvis and Sherbourne seems to be devoid of anything interest. No retail, no restaurants, no shops, nothing. Is it because of the zoning? Jarvis should be turn into a grand boulevard full of shops, an improved version of Yonge.

My thoughts exactly. I hope the sale included the existing design and not just the property!

if King Blue is any indicator, it will remain the same. Usually when a company buys a building outright like this they don't do it just to redesign it, if they wanted a different design they would just buy property. Its an Equity firm not a developer, they just want it built and finished so they can rent it out and make money.

Well, did Cityzen, etc. sell the development or did this equity group just buy all the units? The situation could be very different from King Blue.

Indeed. Jarvis and Sherbourne seems to be devoid of anything interest. No retail, no restaurants, no shops, nothing. Is it because of the zoning? Jarvis should be turn into a grand boulevard full of shops, an improved version of Yonge.

You do realize Jarvis is steps away (10 minute walk) from all of the shopping on Bloor, right? There is no way Jarvis would be able to support so much retail with both Bloor and Yonge minutes away.

According to the above article it is still being developed by cityzen, etc. but an equity firm bought all the units. Strangely it states that they bought more units than it lists the Selby as having planned here on the database.
I really hope this gets built ASAP one way or another. We need the colour. Also listed on BKL's website They list materials for the Selby as Brick and translucent Glass, and some of the renderings make the red tower or atleast the lower portion look very much like its made of red brick.

please... colour... please

the entire building has apparently been sold to a US equity group, apparently to be turned into a rental. They sold around 200 units on opening weekend, and promptly cancelled them due to the purchase.

Quite a similar style sale to King Blue, actually.

http://www.truecondos.com/minto-west-side-matt-kingston

Thanks for the link. Yes, the whole building sold to a private equity firm, presumably to turn the entire tower into a rental building. Under the current design or another I don't know. Presumably the basic design and plans will remain and the developer will build it but the private equity group will own the entire building once complete.

This is different from the King Blue sale which was a developer buying an existing project and taking over the marketing of units for sale (not buying all the units).

There's always the rental penthouse. The renthouse? ... I'll show myself out

I hear there is a pent up demand for those. ... Wait for me. ..

Well the sales office at Scott/Esplanade seems that it was JUST finished, or close too it. Wasted effort now I suppose.

Back