Toronto The Selby | 165.5m | 50s | Tricon | bKL Architecture

Has anybody seen the model of this building? If the tower is anything like the model, the colour will be very different than the renderings. It's more like a dark burgundy to light brown colour. It's not as vibrant as the renderings, sadly, but it's still better than grey, so I'll take it.

Status report http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-74096.pdf

"Since Council considered the application, City staff have been in discussions with the applicant regarding changes to the Section 37 provisions approved by Council, primarily as it relates to the terms of the
conveyance of the building at 15 Selby Street to the City for affordable housing.

The applicant has also requested that the City consider two modifications to the previously approved development. This includes the addition of one residential floor to the tower, while dropping the overall height in metres of the tower, and the additional residential gross floor area for this additional floor."

Has anybody seen the model of this building? If the tower is anything like the model, the colour will be very different than the renderings. It's more like a dark burgundy to light brown colour. It's not as vibrant as the renderings, sadly, but it's still better than grey, so I'll take it.

Excuse the flash

chIwrRT.jpg

To be fair, PE makes a pretty good point about the silver mullions. I am hoping that they are just exaggerated by the flash in that shot. We shall see.

Have they already sold units in the Selby? If I had bought a condo in the Selby I would be irritated by the attempt to add a storey while decreasing the overall height of the building. The only way to do that would be to lower(my) ceilings.

Back