Toronto The Saint | 151m | 47s | Minto Group | Wallman Architects

I was thinking at least they're using a lot of curtain wall for this one, so the shadow boxed spandrel hopefully blends in decently well...but man, that model looks pretty horrific.

'The Ain't' is better suited. While they are at it why not change Tableau to Plateau, as it is becoming glaringly apparent that Wallman may have peaked and its best days are behind it. Luckily they knew it and moved their offices in. Nothing like self interest to prime the design pump.

Stitched:
Stitched.png

it's hilarious how developers across the city throw up generic boxes and then call it something ridiculous like The Saint. the audacity lol

Minto should stick to townhomes, because clearly when it comes to high-rises they are incompetent and build absolute rubbish.
Well, 123 Portland seems to be a decent project from what I can tell. So I wouldn't mind them building mid-rises.
On the other hand, this box is so... architecturally lacking in flavour, that calling it "plain" would not do the word justice. Although I doubt the investors that are going to buy, will care.

Like Renzo Piano's courthouse, it'll all come down to the detailing. Obviously, Walman Architects isn't Renzo Piano but my point stands.

Like Renzo Piano's courthouse, it'll all come down to the detailing. Obviously, Walman Architects isn't Renzo Piano but my point stands.
While I agree that detailing is important, I have doubts this building will get enough to make up for it.
Looking at the stats, only 10% of the building is planned to be 3 Bedrooms, while Studios, 1BR, and 1BR+D make up 63% of the units. It's pretty obvious that Minto is trying to appeal to investors, majority of which don't care about architecture, as long as their profits are maximized..

Oh they'll likely be lots of detailing in the form of spamdrel for this one... > . <

Well, 123 Portland seems to be a decent project from what I can tell. So I wouldn't mind them building mid-rises.
On the other hand, this box is so... architecturally lacking in flavour, that calling it "plain" would not do the word justice. Although I doubt the investors that are going to buy, will care.

123 Portland isn't even built yet. Lets wait for the end result here. Minto high-rises are meh at best.

123 Portland isn't even built yet. Lets wait for the end result here. Minto high-rises are meh at best.
Yes, that's true, 123 Portland's Proposed Design is pretty nice in my opinion, I would love if they replicated that design here but in high rise form. One can dream I guess.

Back