Toronto The Ravine | 79.55m | 24s | Urban Capital | Rafael + Bigauskas

Interested to see how this one develops. As much as the existing buildings could use a rehaul, I can't imagine the congestion that is going to result from the 1,500 additional units that are going to be added to this sector. The DVP/401 "intersection" is already a huge backup as it is and my guess is that most residents living here will have a vehicle and commute to work, most likely via the DVP/404 or the 401. The additional traffic on York Mills isn't going to help, considering the commercial stretch between Leslie and Don Mills is already a mashup during rush hour. Nonetheless, the entire Parkwoods area could really use a facelift so this could be the spark to make that happen. I'd definitely like to see more proposal drawings of these buildings and how Urban Capital envisions them to be when complete.

Last edited:
Construction/teardown has started on site "B", and "Site A" will not happen for another 18-24 months (I have friends who live in the complex). This is hard to imagine this sort of added density in the 'hood, but I can see how York Mills will become a mess (as well as dvp/401 interchange as already said by someone else).

Valley Woods is a small 1 laner and the parkwoods village area is already experiencing some heavier traffic with cars going through from VP/Ellesmere to Don Mills area and DVP.

I live in Parkwoods Village and welcome change and development with open arms, just am interested to see how the added density will change the area.

This is what I`ve been able to put together thus far ...

The Ravine Phase 1 currently being marketed is located at "Building D" as per below Site Plan from June 2011 City Planning staff report

A tower with rental replacement units will be situated abutting to the east.

More development will be coming in future phases on both the remainder of the north block, plus those on the south block

Building Context Massing Model

Building Exterior

Level 7 Roof Terrace

Lobby / Pool / Patio

Love how there trying to market this at Don Mills/York Mills where it's not even close to that. But rather in Scarborough. Developers are pricing these units at future appreciation value making no sense on buying other then to rent out. Even then these are pricey for the location.

Love how there trying to market this at Don Mills/York Mills where it's not even close to that. But rather in Scarborough. Developers are pricing these units at future appreciation value making no sense on buying other then to rent out. Even then these are pricey for the location.

It is west of Victoria Park, and therefore not in Scarborough.

I'm intrigued by the 'revitalization' of this little pocket right at the DVP and 401. I can certainly see a huge potential increase in activity, traffic, population and hopefully vibrancy when all of these developments are in place.

Adding to this residential complex development is the new SmartCentre just west of Don Mills Road, along York Mills, with Walmart as the anchor store (click here for thread). It'll be interesting, to say the least, whether these new developments can positively densify and rejuvenate this otherwise cold and barren stretch with so much potential located near 2 major highways.

Though the feely watercoloured renderings of the entry and common areas with all that wood and stone looks nice and upscale, the rest of the building is incredibly bland and mediocre.
It will be interesting to see how they market these condos and what the pricepoint and target buyers/residents will be.

Though the feely watercoloured renderings of the entry and common areas with all that wood and stone looks nice and upscale, the rest of the building is incredibly bland and mediocre.
It will be interesting to see how they market these condos and what the pricepoint and target buyers/residents will be.

Price is pretty much averaging $500/sq ft. Too high for this area. Really mediocre finishes interior.

Price is pretty much averaging $500/sq ft. Too high for this area. Really mediocre finishes interior.

With their prices starting from the mid-$200s, I'm taking that as $250k base for the lowest floors with no options or extras. I think realistically, buyers will be looking at over $500/sqft. Will be interesting to see the demand at this price point; only time will tell.

I have friends who have a bungalow that backs onto the ravine directly south of this project. It is definitely not in Scarborough, it is North York. It's actually a really nice neighbourhood with rolling hills and curving streets. This project has some potential.

Here's an update on the townhouse component. These feel way too close to the sidewalk; very imposing. They should be set back further. There is basically no separation between the building and the sidewalk.

5zkrww.jpg

34685q8.jpg

2w7r7ep.jpg

2ujk288.jpg

Even if they were pushed back just half a dozen feet or so, they wouldn't feel so overwhelming and would make the streetscape a bit more breathable.

I wonder how these will turn out? There hasn't been any renderings for them.

Back