Toronto The Quay, Tower Three (was Maple Leaf Quay) | 66.44m | 21s | Pacific Reach | BDP Quadrangle

Putting a building here makes a lot of sense for infill development. I like it. As part of the agreement, I would like the developer to commit to taking care of the water's' edge that this development surrounds -- it used to be a constant garbage trap and not well maintained, and I don't' know who is responsible for that (parks dept?). It could also use better lighting and easier pedestrian connections up/down from Queens Quay and a walkway under the bridge to get to the other side.

The quay that extends north of Queens Quay is a unique feature. The building should have something attractive around it to animate the space like a lushly landscaped public space and some restaurant patios. Of course, the water has to be kept clean for it to be attractive, so that would have to be addressed.

The cleaning of the water is the responsibility of the Pork (er Ports) Toronto and I agree that Maple Leaf Quay have an interest in trying to get it cleaned more often and generally tidied up. (The concrete 'shelves' on the south side look as though they need some repair.)

This is fantastic. I'm looking forward to this project moving forward and I hope that it's imitated by some of the other ugly relics on Queens Quay.

The design of the new building is nice but I'd love it if they added nautical spires like these ones to the old buildings:

d892a781-608c-438a-8689-e1c5f345fb43.1.9

Torres+do+p+nações.jpg

Putting a building here makes a lot of sense for infill development. I like it. As part of the agreement, I would like the developer to commit to taking care of the water's' edge that this development surrounds -- it used to be a constant garbage trap and not well maintained, and I don't' know who is responsible for that (parks dept?). It could also use better lighting and easier pedestrian connections up/down from Queens Quay and a walkway under the bridge to get to the other side.

The pathway under the bridge has been permantely closed with chainlink fencing due to the utility lines running underneath the bridge... although the waterway is still open.

.. btw has it been mentioned if this will be rental or condos?

The pathway under the bridge has been permantely closed with chainlink fencing due to the utility lines running underneath the bridge... although the waterway is still open.

.. btw has it been mentioned if this will be rental or condos?

Rentals

I should add... they have not told the residents about this yet. And, all the lockers are in 390 now, gonna be a fun few years to get anything out.

I should add... they have not told the residents about this yet. And, all the lockers are in 390 now, gonna be a fun few years to get anything out.

In my old apartment, they used some unleased units as temporary storage lockers and a temp laundry room while they did major renovations. The same could happen here or they could put some trailers on site.

Whatever happens, I can't wait for that central building to be demolished and all the retail to be replaced. There's so much potential in this slip.

Another slab on the water? This is banal. The improvements to the realm are interesting but they come at the cost of another wall to the lake. I'm convinced that Toronto is still uncomfortable with its waterfront.

Back