August 14, 2024:

Davenport and Berryman:

IMG_3691.jpeg

August 16, 2024:

Walter Saunders Memorial Park across from 8 Haus:

IMG_3715.jpeg
IMG_3716.jpeg
IMG_3717.jpeg

When will this surpass FCP in height? It will be quite a thing to finally take the crown from it as tallest in the country after almost 50 years.
The One currently appears to be around 235-240 metres in height, so I think roughly 25 weeks makes sense when you factor in the next mechanical section.

A couple of photos from August 14 that I previously did not post, taken from the northeast corner of Yonge and Bloor:

20240814_171028.jpeg

20240814_171109.jpeg

Here are some pictures from yesterday and today. The 65th floor looks like it's almost ready to get poured. The forms and electrical conduits have been installed. I can't see the concrete nozzle at the top anymore from my level :(
Towers are like children, they grow. What once you are looking down at will become something you look up to....and for that's worth. 😺

When will this surpass FCP in height? It will be quite a thing to finally take the crown from it as tallest in the country after almost 50 years.
A few milestones to look forward to:

- Surpass One Bloor East in height to become the tallest building in Bloor Yorkville
- Reach Level 79 to become the tallest tower by floor count in Canada (after Aura)
- Top FCP to become Canada's tallest building (not for long though, SkyTower will claim that title even if The One is completed at its approved height)

A few milestones to look forward to:

- Surpass One Bloor East in height to become the tallest building in Bloor Yorkville
- Reach Level 79 to become the tallest tower by floor count in Canada (after Aura)
- Top FCP to become Canada's tallest building (not for long though, SkyTower will claim that title even if The One is completed at its approved height)
I will also add the 85th story, as it will be point where we get to know whether they will continue to 91 or not. Although, I think we will know before 85 if it looks like they plan to top it off there. /fingers crossed

True, but they need to get going on the corners for 59 or there won't be anything to connect it to...
Yeah but if you remember from the last mechanical level it took them longer to get these done and I think they usually align it with the hanger becoming available we will probably see them start working on floor 59's corners in the next week or two getting prepped for the hangers

Back