Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Wow, Toronto Star story…must be true
This isn't new news. The assignment market is a shambles. The recent string of condos failing to launch is solid proof that the flippers are either drowning or sitting on the bleachers.
You may say "great I hope the flippers get busted they're all greedy etc" and that's fine. But real estate is a massive part of Canadian economy.

This isn't new news. The assignment market is a shambles. The recent string of condos failing to launch is solid proof that the flippers are either drowning or sitting on the bleachers.
You may say "great I hope the flippers get busted they're all greedy etc" and that's fine. But real estate is a massive part of Canadian economy.
I think one could argue that real estate plays an oversized role in the Canadian economy and diminishing that role is a positive thing, generally.

Harry Stinson was run out of town. His principal investor lost a fortune and his reputation was tarnished. And his losses were a fraction of this one. The building had structural issues for years after it was completed.

This one will be an order of magnitude worse all around, I predict, based on what I’ve been reading and hearing.

Carry on fanboys. You’re all correct I’m merely stating my opinion based on the facts I’ve read and will refrain from further comments unless new facts are presented.

Enjoy the fireworks and hope everyone stays safe and happy.
You are correct, Harry and David Mirvish lost a fortune, but as an original and current owner of a suite in One King, I can tell you it has turned into a fabulous investment. The crazy part is that I am a pre-construction buyer in the One as well. I must be a curse to developers lol. I hope they honour our contracts because I am quite comfortable with the price I paid 6 years ago, even in this current downturn. Getting back to the purpose of this forum, watching and following our great City rise, I believe this building will be completed, there is no turning back. It is all about minimizing losses for lenders at this point.

Wow, Toronto Star story…must be true
Off-topically: To be fair, this is more of an analyses than news. That is, it's more of a summery of events that maybe trending towards something. There's nothing wrong with that...I just wish ToStar, et al would label it more as such.

Part 2 of 2 taken on November 12, 2023:

Yonge and Bloor (aka the Golden Corner or the Champagne Corner):

IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_0899.jpeg
IMG_0900.jpeg
IMG_0901.jpeg

Yonge Side:

IMG_0902.jpeg
IMG_0903.jpeg

IMG_0904.jpeg
IMG_0905.jpeg
IMG_0906.jpeg
IMG_0907.jpeg
IMG_0908.jpeg
IMG_0909.jpeg
IMG_0910.jpeg
IMG_0911.jpeg
IMG_0912.jpeg

HAS THE BACK SIDE of the elevator shaft been half insulated for ever now? do they intend to finish it lol

Back