Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Strangely, the spotlights don't seem to be installed yet... I'm curious if that's something that will come later or if they've been nixed? in the UT Article this photo is from it sounded like they were a pre-fixed element.

1682240999623.png

Can someone kindly explain what the blue bridge like structures are for that they have attached to what looks like two sides of the building so far? Apologies if I missed this post if it was already made.

Strangely, the spotlights don't seem to be installed yet... I'm curious if that's something that will come later or if they've been nixed? in the UT Article this photo is from it sounded like they were a pre-fixed element.

I will wager they have been nixed...as not only are the lights don't appear to be coming with cladding, there seems to be no place made so they could be attached at a later point. Unless they're planning affixing and lining up each manually, too which would be a real pain in the keister to do I'd imagine...

...as for the reasons, The City is may taken an issue with the scheme, or the developer may have decided it's too flashy and not needed, or it was proven too difficult to install or the combination thereof. I wouldn't say cheapening out, as no other expense is being sparred here from what I am seeing so far. But yeah, it's not looking promising for the lights, for good or bad...unless I've missed something here.

Last edited:
Can someone kindly explain what the blue bridge like structures are for that they have attached to what looks like two sides of the building so far? Apologies if I missed this post if it was already made.

I believe that blue bridge like structure is the climbing form to install the cladding.

It's supposed to go up and they install the curtain wall and the super column and hangar sections on the lower levels as they climb.

My understanding is that because they want to open the retail section ahead of time, they can't be lifting the cladding from the ground level. This system allows them to work on multiple floors at the same time, with the cladding being brought from the inside through the elevator.

I'm by no means knowledgeable in this matter, so please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Any quibbles I had about the subtle so-called champagne colour are loooong gone... thanks to UT photographers. 👏

85 (or 94 ;-) storeys of this mega-column + diagrid/hanger cladding is going to be simply spectacular. Already is.

I mean talk about a building that blows its latest rendering out of the water...

img_8209-jpeg.471237

Johnny Au

I will wager they have been nixed...as not only are the lights don't appear to be coming with cladding, there seems to be no place made so they could be attached at a later point. Unless they're planning affixing and lining up each manually, too which would be a real pain in the keister to do I'd imagine...

...as for the reasons, The City is may taken an issue with the scheme, or the developer may have decided it's too flashy and not needed, or it was proven too difficult to install or the combination thereof. I wouldn't say cheapening out, as no other expense is being sparred here from what I am seeing so far. But yeah, it's not looking promising for the lights, for good or bad...unless I've missed something here.
Also possible that buyers objected to the lighting scheme. Or maybe it will start above the hotel floors. Who knows.

Any quibbles I had about the subtle so-called champagne colour are loooong gone... thanks to UT photographers. 👏

85 (or 94 ;-) storeys of this mega-column + diagrid/hanger cladding is going to be simply spectacular. Already is.

I mean talk about a building that blows its latest rendering out of the water...

img_8209-jpeg.471237

Johnny Au
I agree. The renderings on this building have never been that mind blowing. Don’t get me wrong they are good, but they didn’t knock you off your feet. Seeing the materials in real life really impress. They blow their renders out of the park. The fact that this thing will be over 1000 feet tall is amazing. Will transform the entire area.

I believe that blue bridge like structure is the climbing form to install the cladding.

It's supposed to go up and they install the curtain wall and the super column and hangar sections on the lower levels as they climb.

My understanding is that because they want to open the retail section ahead of time, they can't be lifting the cladding from the ground level. This system allows them to work on multiple floors at the same time, with the cladding being brought from the inside through the elevator.

I'm by no means knowledgeable in this matter, so please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Thank you very much! Such a fascinating piece of engineering.

Back