Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Perhaps Mizrahi needs to buy the rest of the land along Bloor to Bulmato.

As implied in the report - p. 49:

upload_2016-6-9_9-23-12.png

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-9_9-23-12.png
    upload_2016-6-9_9-23-12.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,392
Local economy is definitely a concern of the city or certainly should be. If this becomes a world class shopping destination I guarantee that will positively impact the city and not just the developer.

If this becomes a world class shopping destination I guarantee that will positively impact the city and not just the developer.

Agreed. And it doesn't even need to be 'world class', it just needs to succeed on a level that other condo-retail projects have failed.
And aside from the Eaton Centre and the Manulife Centre, I can't name any others downtown that have drawn in significant pedestrian traffic and succeeded with major anchor tenants, especially multi-level ones, which Mizrahi alluded to.

The retail is perhaps the biggest reason why this is my favourite project in the city. It's perhaps the most ambitious as well. If this succeeds, it will be a game changer for the area.

Build a smaller scale development that can properly accommodate servicing to the site. That's probably what a legitimate developer will do once the current developer loses control of the property. Just my opinion.

The developer's concerns about delivering on deadlines are not the the concerns of the City.
They should be the concerns of the City, how long is long enough for the developer's to wait for city approvals? Do you honestly think that a reduced development of 60 to 70 storeys would satisfy everyones concerns? Lets not forget that the sooner it is built the sooner the city will be able to have the extra millions in tax revenue that will be generated.

The big boys and girls passed it up because the owner refused to sell to them. The owner of stolleries has been approached dozens of times in the last decade, and apparently went with Mizrahi as he had a plan beyond a typical condo building.

Also, far bigger buildings have been built on far smaller parcels of land. There's nothing remotely impossible about this development, nor has there, to-date, been any real indication (as far as I know) that this development is in serious trouble.

I was one of three deputing who spoke in favour of The One. I spoke about the building's architectural and landmark qualities. The two others in favour spoke about the building's importance to bringing more high quality retail space to Bloor-Yorkville, while two real estate agents deputed together that the type of housing that The One is offering was unique and needed.

There were about half a dozen speakers from the area who spoke about the problems with service access - essentially that the pubic lane does not have the capacity to handle the traffic the building will create, and that it will be just as bad during construction.

Councillors have followed public comments with questions to staff regarding affordable housing, the lane issue, staff's recommendation of City support at the OMB pending the favourable resolution of conditions set out in the Supplemental Report (which was posted to the Council website last night).

At 11:54, a decision on The One was held down until later in the day following more considerations.

I was one of three deputing who spoke in favour of The One. I spoke about the building's architectural and landmark qualities. The two others in favour spoke about the building's importance to bringing more high quality retail space to Bloor-Yorkville, while two real estate agents deputed together that the type of housing that The One is offering was unique and needed.

There were about half a dozen speakers from the area who spoke about the problems with service access - essentially that the pubic lane does not have the capacity to handle the traffic the building will create, and that it will be just as bad during construction.

Councillors have followed public comments with questions to staff regarding affordable housing, the lane issue, staff's recommendation of City support at the OMB pending the favourable resolution of conditions set out in the Supplemental Report (which was posted to the Council website last night).

At 11:54, a decision on The One was held down until later in the day following more considerations.

Let us know the outcome!

Back