Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

1. It looks like some of the exoskeleton structure elements are located right by the windows. Will they be partially blocking the view from a windows?
2. Could those elements be the potential source of noise when it's windy?
Thank you!

Showing some real class in making fun of someone who is clearly new and whose first language is probably not English. You know, it's not like we'd be able to detect broken English in a city like Toronto...they're probably just cavemen.

Does anyone know how to get the moderator active in a thread? So-called "Canadian Chocho" seems ripe for getting booted off the site on account of spreading hatred and bigotry. No place in this (or any community) for that crap.

@ADRM: you use the Report button at the bottom of the post.

You might want to re-read Canadian Choco's post, however. They are complaining about those who make fun of broken English.

Thanks, yeah, reported the original post. I quoted the wrong post in my reply—apologies to Canadian Choco.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 9.49.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 9.49.45 AM.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 311
Approvals and permits are coming in steps. They have their demolition permits, so they demolish. When they have their excavation permits, they'll excavate. By the time they're ready to head upwards, they'll have construction permits in place.

Zoning approval could come at April Council.

April still seems pretty early for final approval at Council. Unless I'm mistaken, a Preliminary Staff Report has not yet been presented to TEYCC. The December resubmission documents are on the City's website, but I couldn't find any staff report.

Interesting / amusing qoute from Kristyn Wong-Tam's twitter:

Promises abound when developers vying for community support. Thought I heard it all until "world class loading bays" put on table.
#TheOne

https://twitter.com/kristynwongtam/status/705212838768418816

That is a statement that is easy to mock but at this particular intersection, well-designed loading bays would be vital to reducing congestion. I was expecting no less from Kristen Wong-Tam though. She has actually stated on television that she intends to do everything in her power to slow the project down, through delaying permits and approvals to a snail's pace.

When did that happen? Because all reports I've seen on this story have shown her to actually be mildly supportive at worst. Care to provide some kind of source on that claim?

Back