Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Here's a new view where we can see the crane for 1 Bloor W - barely!
View attachment 456624
If you can't see it, it's at the right side of 1 Bloor E, just past the bottom visible, you can just see the orange of the crane. That's the apartment building at Bloor and St George blocking the rest of the view. Viewpoint from Dundas and Wallace to the west.
What is the building beyond/behind the CIBC building?

Looks like Rosedale on Bloor from that vantage point

It's taken a little while to have everything vetted re: what we can show and say from our hardhat tour of The One's commercial spaces two weeks ago now… but every i is now dotted and t crossed, and you can come along with us here, on the front page. There are some things in the story that have not been declared before!

EDIT: I can probably field some questions that occur based on the story. Fire away!

Last edited:
Where is the mezzanine? 😊

I'll be clear about that and anticipate a couple questions, and underline a couple other points:

• Haha, yeah, no mezzanine! If you watch the video, on the south wall of the ground floor retail space you'll see a steel frame. That's for the creation of a media wall.

• Commercial parts of The One could open as early as the lead-in to Christmas if interior fittings are done in time. Construction of the temporary construction barrier from the 17th floor should begin once everything else is completed and cured to the 18th floor, so this Spring.

• The colour you see on the two cladding test pieces at the corner is the colour you get! A deeper colour, as some people were thinking is coming… is not coming.

• Walking into the ground level retail space really hits you: THIS IS BIG! The extra-beefy size of everything in there makes it tough to show in the photos just how big it really is, but 5'9" me is in there in a red coat in one pic (red really livens up photos) to give you a sense of the scale. Of course there will be a raised floor and a dropped ceiling in there when all is done and dusted, but it's still going to be one of Toronto's wowiest spaces. Dear spellcheck, I declare wowiest a word.

It's taken a little while to have everything vetted re: what we can show and say from our hardhat tour of The One's commercial spaces two weeks ago now… but every i is now dotted and t crossed, and you can come along with us here, on the front page. There are some things in the story that have not been declared before!

EDIT: I can probably field some questions that occur based on the story. Fire away!

I highly commend the story, which has some great detail and excellent pics in it.

I will only bring one pic forward as a teaser, because people really should go see them all by following the link:

1676573389284.png

1676573412620.png

The seemingly small person bringing the requisite 'pop of colour' to the space is actually 5'9, to provide a sense of scale.

I offer only one other note, nowhere in the story is there any mention of fruit, of the general, specific or other varieties. UT Editorial policy holds firm. LOL

This has been put off for a bit, but tried to get something accurate out (apologies for any missed details...). Life has been a little crazy personally and professionally but can also follow-along with my personal 100-day project where I'm illustrating 100 interesting towers (my offering to you all between my updates here which are becoming a little further apart).
The One - Feb 16.jpg

The One Timeline.jpg

Hmm, treepits and drainage - I wonder. Magnificent spaces all around.

AoD

Two thumbs downs down 👎👎 on white hangers & super-column cladding... up to 94 storeys of disappointment.

Only disappointment so far, but a big one. This town needs colour.

From the pics, it looks like there is a plastic film covering those pieces, so I don’t think that is the true final colour.

Read 42's comment above:

"The colour you see on the two cladding test pieces at the corner is the colour you get! A deeper colour, as some people were thinking is coming… is not coming".

Read 42's comment above:

"The colour you see on the two cladding test pieces at the corner is the colour you get! A deeper colour, as some people were thinking is coming… is not coming".
Yes I read that but it doesn’t explicitly state that there isn’t a film covering them.

Back