Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

There's one more pour on the parking ramp before the entire site is at grade. The rate they're going it should be done by the end of next week.

In @GenerationLee 's last picture I see formwork going above ground on the parking lot side as well. Doesn't seem like they're going to stop without another order from the city!
There is a lot of formwork above grade but they have not poured any concrete in those above grade forms, the columns are also above grade.

Today.
665FAB89-5A2B-4082-9DE2-8F9927CBC50E.jpeg
1C2582CB-AAEA-4429-878F-9BE4E89A5C3A.jpeg
653BA721-E039-4992-A30F-EEC68BCFF92E.jpeg
39EEBEB5-BF6E-4CD2-970D-40F2AF25CCC6.jpeg
C7183658-D692-4819-83DC-81F378FCE2BA.jpeg
FAB46D05-C047-4A95-B755-5C55EEB61660.jpeg

When they get the green light to start building above grade how quickly do you think this will start rising? Do they have all the structural steel girders off site somewhere nearby ready to go?

Last edited:
Permits are imminent.
We shall see. The City's Permit Site says:

Application:
Conditional Permit
Agreement in Progress
TORONTO ON M4W 1A3
Ward 11: University-Rosedale
Application#:
19 106142 STR 00 CP
Accepted Date:
---
Project:
Mixed Use/Res w Non Res
Work:
Partial Permit - Structural Framing
Description:
Conditional Permit - Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 86 storey mixed use building with 4 levels of below grade commercial parking and one level of below grade commercial space.

Usually the Status reads "Issuance Pending" and "Agreement in Progress" would seem to one stage, at least, further away?

We shall see. The City's Permit Site says:

Application:
Conditional Permit
Agreement in Progress
TORONTO ON M4W 1A3
Ward 11: University-Rosedale
Application#:
19 106142 STR 00 CP
Accepted Date:
---
Project:
Mixed Use/Res w Non Res
Work:
Partial Permit - Structural Framing
Description:
Conditional Permit - Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 86 storey mixed use building with 4 levels of below grade commercial parking and one level of below grade commercial space.

Usually the Status reads "Issuance Pending" and "Agreement in Progress" would seem to one stage, at least, further away?

It has said Agreement in Progress for many months now.

My suspicion is the permit review process is done (i.e. from a technical perspective it is ready to go) but there are still legal hold-ups, or other conditions to be fulfilled. Remember he has to pay $40M in DCs and S. 37 cash before permits, and there are certain other legal or financial conditions such as posting securities, the offsite parkland on Dundonald, etc. and other things that we may not be aware of standing on the outside.

Also to whoever said "permits are imminent" above -- remember Mizrahi's marketing team was guaranteeing people in writing that above grade permits would be issued by the end of January 2020. Over six months ago. So don't hold your breath.

It has said Agreement in Progress for many months now.

My suspicion is the permit review process is done (i.e. from a technical perspective it is ready to go) but there are still legal hold-ups, or other conditions to be fulfilled. Remember he has to pay $40M in DCs and S. 37 cash before permits, and there are certain other legal or financial conditions such as posting securities, the offsite parkland on Dundonald, etc. and other things that we may not be aware of standing on the outside.

Also to whoever said "permits are imminent" above -- remember Mizrahi's marketing team was guaranteeing people in writing that above grade permits would be issued by the end of January 2020. Over six months ago. So don't hold your breath.
My breath is not being held!

Guys, no word of a lie, I had a nightmare last night where this project was canceled and all the equipment was cleared out over the weekend!

@Benito your pictures are much appreciated to put my mind at ease!
Mine has been a 300 metre "stump" left in its wake... /sigh

Back