Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Probably nothing more than they use the same company to do their renderings

Probably nothing more than they use the same company to do their renderings
That and the two projects certainly coincide with each other so likely a look and feel that Foster and Partners are currently working with. Very reminiscent of the warmth seen in the new Apple stores they've done. I've found the firm as a whole has been moving away from the cooler, metallic looks to their buildings and adding in bronzes and tanned-colour stones. I dig it!

Interestingly enough the Oceanwide Center is sorta two towers in one so it's a huge project (and will be the second tallest in the city when it tops out).

I never heard of the project before but now looking at it.. it looks like a rich mans version of Bay Park Center

Not operating in Canada yet, North America quite possibly. Add Taj, Conrad, and Waldorf Astoria to that possibilities list, but I'm guessing Mandarin (for no particular reason).

Yes my mistake, I misread that segment in the article. Mandarin, here or anywhere, would be a great addition to the city, with great international brand recognition. Really fond of their hotel in the Time Warner Center, NY. Incredible venue spaces, views, and location.

That and the two projects certainly coincide with each other so likely a look and feel that Foster and Partners are currently working with. Very reminiscent of the warmth seen in the new Apple stores they've done. I've found the firm as a whole has been moving away from the cooler, metallic looks to their buildings and adding in bronzes and tanned-colour stones. I dig it!

Interestingly enough the Oceanwide Center is sorta two towers in one so it's a huge project (and will be the second tallest in the city when it tops out).

Post some updates
http://skyrisecities.com/forum/thre...-259m-61s-tmg-partners-foster-partners.23994/

I thought we would have had some leaks about sales at this point. They were released to brokers two weeks ago and last weekend was the deadline for making a deal. Im really curious how this thing will sell. Given the cheapest unit is around $1.8 million, it's really going to test the high end market in TO.

Yorkville in 5 years from now.
The one is well featured in this google street view from Davenport street.

yorkville davenports1.jpg

Attachments

• yorkville davenports1.jpg
    yorkville davenports1.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 468
Given the cheapest unit is around $1.8 million, it's really going to test the high end market in TO.
From the price list I saw a few weeks ago, the cheapest unit was around $800k.

In other news, it looks like they've taken the shipping container hoarding from the 880 Bay demolition and placed it on Yonge St.

for those of you that missed it, someone posted the price list in the real estate forum. i attach the same below.

Attachments

• pricelist.png
    pricelist.png
    352.7 KB · Views: 345
Yorkville in 5 years from now.

I suspect that won't be the view. Scollard project will block it and from what I've heard The Stone Church isn't going to last for long.

I suspect that won't be the view. Scollard project will block it and from what I've heard The Stone Church isn't going to last for long.

Can't speak to the church, but I think the majority of the view from this angle will be largely intact -- the KPMB building will be on the eastern edge of this view, and the Foster building will block at most the Four Seasons (and I think perhaps only really the west tower).

Had the opportunity to visit the presentation centre today at 181 Davenport. It's very nicely decorated, albeit doesn't feature much aside from 4 or 5 mock-up rooms for living, bath, and library rooms (while no varieties on these finishes were shown, I assume there are at least two for the kitchen that the buyer can customize). A lot of material was presented on touch-screens embedded in the tables showcasing floor plates and views from suites, no VR.

- hotel referred to as '7 star' , would not confirm.
- the privately owned lockers are located on the four the two-level mechanical areas (this makes sense due to limited space in the basement, ala. no parking).
- understandably would not confirm the anchor retailer on the ground level / basement, but according to a sales rep, the way the tables are arranged in the model is quite 'deliberate' (hint)

26790431269_41d8e3c676_b.jpg

The model:
24694540708_b2fa8f09ff_b.jpg

38535010972_5165980360_b.jpg

38566661151_0e71cdb170_b.jpg

38510041906_bb91e4ea61_b.jpg

37849727294_9978014553_b.jpg

Rear laneway off Balmuto:

24694517568_dbf9483348_b.jpg

Models:

38566654421_75bb05a1bf_b.jpg

Bath:

38566652161_e4443b6142_b.jpg

Interactive displays:
37678586885_a943cef635_b.jpg

24694512698_d03e4e5de4_b.jpg

Site:

26790437779_b1a5340e87_b.jpg

I'll try to post more on my flickr throughout the day: http://flickr.com/stevevephotostream

Last edited:

Back