Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Last edited:
Interesting read. I suppose the rumor I heard was incorrect.

My prediction and opinion:

The First and Second mortgage lenders will eventually take over this project. Collectively they’re the only credible players on the field.

I hope the units do legitimately sell (and purchasers actually close) in that price range though. It would be a real validation for Toronto on a global scale to see numbers that high.

Interesting read. I suppose the rumor I heard was incorrect.

My prediction and opinion:

The First and Second mortgage lenders will eventually take over this project. Collectively they’re the only credible players on the field.

I hope the units do legitimately sell (and purchasers actually close) in that price range though. It would be a real validation for Toronto on a global scale to see numbers that high.

hqdefault.jpg

Groundbreaking day.

IMG_6484.JPG
IMG_6485.JPG
IMG_6486.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6484.JPG
    IMG_6484.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_6485.JPG
    IMG_6485.JPG
    316.7 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_6486.JPG
    IMG_6486.JPG
    360.6 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Ribbon cut and off we go.

IMG_6491.JPG
IMG_6494.JPG
IMG_6495.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6491.JPG
    IMG_6491.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_6494.JPG
    IMG_6494.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 769
  • IMG_6495.JPG
    IMG_6495.JPG
    284.7 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:
Aren't you supposed to stick a shovel in a little heap of dirt for this ceremony? I thought cutting a large ribbon with novelty scissors was reserved for the end of the project...

Ouch! Scotia Plaza sure took a beating in that Bozikovic article:

Toronto's skyline is ruled by buildings whose lead designers are German-American (the TD Centre complex by Mies van der Rohe), American (First Canadian Place by Edward Durell Stone), and Australian (CN Tower by John Andrews). The one Canadian-designed tower among the city's heights, WZMH Architects' Scotia Plaza, is something of a fashion victim, dressed in 1980s pink granite.

Will the One seem equally dated one day?

And a double-whammy that includes a more subtle dig at FCP:

Canada's tallest building, marketed as the One, is under construction at Yonge and BloorStreets, and a ceremony will mark the official groundbreaking Thursday. Ambitiously conceived and thoughtfully designed, it is poised to be the best tall building Toronto has seen since the 1960s.

Back