Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

In other news actually related to this development, this is in front of council for final approval today.

So.... does anyone know what happened... Council didn't get to it on Wednesday, was a decision made yesterday? or is the meeting still going on?

City Council meeting is still going on

Spent all day Tuesday talking about how much we have to tighten our belts, all day Wednesday approving subways in every low-density suburb in the megacity, all day Thursday banning texting while walking. They'll plow through everything else in a mad rush today to finish before sundown.

This item was held by Wong tam so she presumably wants to say something about it. I have no idea whether it will be positive or negative. Council very well may defer it for "further consultation". It'll get approved at the board eventually most likely, they have a positive staff report, but Wong tam appears to be playing politics here, which may delay the application.

I wouldn't be surprised if the neigbors appeal the approval to the board anyway even if council does approve it today.

Because they put a lot of pressure on services. It's easier to insert an 8 storey building into the landscape than it is an 80-storey one: 8 storeys can improve an area, 80 storeys is bound to transform it, so it takes more work to get right.

Three motions regarding The One just passed at City Council, including alteration plans regarding the heritage buildings on Yonge, but I'm not sure if it's the whole shooting match quite yet. There was zero discussion, just quick votes.

EDIT: It seems that the City has voted to appear at the OMB in support of The One. Anyone know more?

Last edited:
From the looks of it his dry cleaning business went belly up years ago and we can pretty much assume there is no dry cleaning company in Canada with that kind of cash reserve to both purchase and develop land in what is regarded as some of the top locations in the country. From all the relevant info posted here one can assume that it is doubtful that he bought and/or financed the properties mainly on his own dime,besides don't the news outlets and court docs all pretty much state he either got funds from the Khavari family or other investors? Some here are posting about how getting "sued" is normal in this line of work, I would agree whether its trade unions or other contractors placing liens etc is one thing but conducting business with allegedly embezzled funds received from an internationally well known criminal is a totally different ball game. This Khavari guy has been big news in international media for years with numbers like 2.6 billion dollars stolen being reported by news outlets. The saga continues...

A realtor condescending a dry-cleaner. Really?

From today.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    727 KB · Views: 2,889
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2,812
They still don't have zoning approvals.

What is taking so long? There are no reasons for this not to proceed providing Mizrahi can make it happen. Endless discussions are ridiculous, we should be thanking Mizrahi for helping to reverse yorkville relative decline in the last decade.

What is taking so long? There are no reasons for this not to proceed providing Mizrahi can make it happen. Endless discussions are ridiculous, we should be thanking Mizrahi for helping to reverse yorkville relative decline in the last decade.

What has he helped to do to reverse the relative decline in the last decade? Unless I am completely mistaken, he didn't have any projects during that period.

In any case, I am sure this project will receive approval soon enough.

AoD

Back