Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

UT's database has One Bloor East with a height of 257.24 metres. The SPA drawings for The One (with the height increase) indicate this is between levels 75 and 76. The drawings I have were from Dec. 2020, so maybe it's changed on a resubmission - I haven't checked.

View attachment 585476
(source, City of Toronto AIC).
Thanks. So the next and final mechanical levels will be just over 1 BE’s height.

From here, it looks like they’re now 8 floors below the top residential level of 1BE (76th). And 1BE’s mechanical levels add another 2.5 floors to its height. Are they working on 64 now?

IMG_3352.jpeg

Last edited:
Photos taken today, Friday (Aug. 2). Since my last pile of photos last Friday, work at top has reached level 65 according to BloorMan, and with it, most of the blue scaffolds on top have moved up. With that, the crane has also risen, and I have some shots of them preparing to attach one of the crane braces to level 60 or so - at the same time Benito caught the action from higher up! (Looks like BloorMan just missed capturing this!) Lower down, the corner blue forms have also risen as the latest hanger sections concrete pours are nearly completed, at level 56. The black Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) installing the skin below show movement with the east RCS now clearing the mega-section, the cladding visibly in place on the south and east sides, the RCS now at level 37, the second mechanical section. The north and west RCSs remain at level 36 where they were a week ago. Very soon for the first time we will see a full section with the mechanical section notches above and below.

Starting with the "time-lapse" Flickr album as usual, to the view from south on Yonge, around Alexander, then around Charles. The view from Cumberland east of Bay, from Bloor east of Yonge by the old Bay entrance where the shape of the emerging building is currently best seen. And the view from Queen's Pk Cres E, north of College, which neatly segues into the next set, as workers are visible working on the crane. Here, a bunch of tight shots of the attachment beam being hoisted and prepared for attachment. On the shot directly from the west, yes, that is a guy dangling from the crane!

UTIMG_5222.jpg
UTIMG_5014.jpg
UTIMG_5047.jpg
UTIMG_5079.jpg
UTIMG_5133.jpg
UTIMG_5338.jpg
UTIMG_5292.jpg
UTIMG_5180.jpg
UTIMG_5002.jpg
UTIMG_5433.jpg
UTIMG_5484.jpg
UTIMG_5511.jpg
UTIMG_5533.jpg

Attachments

• UTIMG_5066.jpg
    UTIMG_5066.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 1
The top crane brace is secured to the floor of level 60, as per the markings on the wall. It's hard to say for sure if the last floor poured is 64 or 65. What does everyone think?

The top crane brace is secured to the floor of level 60, as per the markings on the wall. It's hard to say for sure if the last floor poured is 64 or 65. What does everyone think?
I think they poured the slab for 64. The blue forms are almost 3 floors tall, so this is what I get starting at the first mechanical level (of the third set).
IMG_0926.jpeg

Back