Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Well, here in the thread-where-time-stands-still, it really does appear that this thing's barely moved in 2 or 3 months. At this rate it won't top out until next summer (at which point Pinnacle One Yonge will have overtaken it, and CIBC 2 will be ready for its new occupants). And, keep in mind, we're not talking the Sydney Opera Hall, or La Sagrada Famila here--just a slightly fancier than average condo. It's like the project exists in it's own, inexplicable time continuum where things happen 10X slower than normal. I have to admit that it's both vexing and strangely fascinating how this project just keeps going on, seemingly active, yet virtually unchanging. It's become the Waiting for Godot of Toronto builds.

Serious question here: How much longer can the money spigots stay on for this eternal flame of developer incompetence? And when the well does run dry, what happens then? Stop at whatever that floor they're on and the fleeced owners can finish the interiors themselves? I dunno, I find this whole fiasco to be an enigma wrapped in mystery.

(OK. I've said to much, I'll show my way out... *ducks for cover*)
So two main things have happened in that span of time one we switched over to sky grid as the general contractor so they would have had to organize as well as hitting the third mechanical floor which generally take longer time anyways especially if you have a new general contractor trying to figure everything out this project does move a lot slower because there are a lot of systems involved in its construction

From Walter Saunders Memorial Park on May 25, 2024:

IMG_2903.jpeg
IMG_2904.jpeg
IMG_2905.jpeg

random thought i've never understood the appeal of yonge-bloor. its one of my least favorite places in the city. ugly architecture, lack of greenery, little in terms of interesting shops, the most pretentious people, 🤷‍♂️

random thought i've never understood the appeal of yonge-bloor. its one of my least favorite places in the city. ugly architecture, lack of greenery, little in terms of interesting shops, the most pretentious people, 🤷‍♂️
^ does that include the hard-working therapists at Soothe Massage across the street? They deserve the Order of Canada imo. 🙃

It's not one of my desired locations either but it does have loads of pluses. It's on 2 subway lines and there are many options within a 5-10 minute walk: U of T/Queens Park, AGO, Church Street, Ramsden Park/tennis courts, David Balfour Park, and loads of employment in the area. In terms of high-rise architecture, it's by no means any worse than what you find in other parts of downtown. I'd take it over City Place, Bay Street (between Dundas and Bloor), or Regents Park.

Last edited:

Back