IMG_2497.jpeg
IMG_2498.jpeg
IMG_2499.jpeg

In front of Chick-fil-A:

IMG_2500.jpeg

Yonge and Hayden:

IMG_2501.jpeg
IMG_2502.jpeg

They’re turning this mofo grey. Aren’t they? Maybe it’s the cloudy grey sky backdrop. Yeah, right. The glass is dark grey!! Yech.
It was a semi-good design. More than basic. I liked it more & more. And the one thing I liked above all for this supertall was the much needed soft gold light it gave Toronto’s monotonous skyline. It’s criminal. SkyGRiD via Hariri Pontarini. So Bad.

Photos taken today, Friday (Apr. 12). Since I posted last Friday, it seems work on third mechanical level is well underway as floors 57 and 58 are reached at the top. Most of the blue forms at top have also moved up one level, save for some on the east side. The corner blue forms are where they were last week. And our first full glimpse of the skin above the first mechanical level as the east Rail Climbing System moves up one level to floor 20 revealing floor 19. The north and west RCSs remain at level 19, though it looks like there is a bigger jump to 20, maybe because the floor spacing at the mechanical levels are different.

Starting with my usual "time lapse" Flickr album addition, to views from the south, showing the newly raised east RCS. Various views from Bloor east of Yonge, then Cumberland east of Bay - where stuff has been piled up in the floors above the RCSs. Finally, a shot from Bloor and Bedford to the west.

UTIMG_1769.jpg
UTIMG_1987.jpg
UTIMG_1913.jpg
UTIMG_1831.jpg
UTIMG_1809.jpg
UTIMG_1797.jpg
UTIMG_1663.jpg
UTIMG_1727.jpg
UTIMG_1607.jpg

They’re turning this mofo grey. Aren’t they? Maybe it’s the cloudy grey sky backdrop. Yeah, right. The glass is dark grey!! Yech.
It was a semi-good design. More than basic. I liked it more & more. And the one thing I liked above all for this supertall was the much needed soft gold light it gave Toronto’s monotonous skyline. It’s criminal. SkyGRiD via Hariri Pontarini. So Bad.
Dark grey glass? They look brown to me (most of the time) or gold on late sunny afternoons. But not everyone sees colours the same way - remember the gold/blue striped dress arguments a few years ago? Having said that, we do need more brightly coloured buildings (towers included) to brighten up our long, grey winters.

Nothing is changing in the exterior of the building the cladding will be the same that is currently being applied as for the windows they are the same windows they're on the lower floors it is just that there is a lot of cloud cover in this picture and the cladding isn't into the skyline

Nothing is changing in the exterior of the building the cladding will be the same that is currently being applied as for the windows they are the same windows they're on the lower floors it is just that there is a lot of cloud cover in this picture and the cladding isn't into the skyline
I hope so. Brown, beige, amber, gold. Anything but grey.

Back