Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Does Scotiabank own the building where that branch is sitting, or is that leased? If those lots were assembled they'd have a pretty sizable plot of land to work with.

Out for a walk today and I noticed that Sunrise is closing down. The signs out front are say that their lease expired. Is there some movement going on behind the scenes right now?

That is one of a number of Sunrise locations to close in Toronto right now. I wouldn't read too far into it at this point.

Out for a walk today and I noticed that Sunrise is closing down. The signs out front are say that their lease expired. Is there some movement going on behind the scenes right now?

They sell CD's and DVD's - that should tell you everything.

Sorry, not following.

It's no longer profitable to sell physical media like CD's and DVD's. Most of these stores are closing. The closing of this Sunrise location is not (necessarily) indicative of any movement on the development front.

It's no longer profitable to sell physical media like CD's and DVD's. Most of these stores are closing. The closing of this Sunrise location is not (necessarily) indicative of any movement on the development front.

wow....sorry that you had to spell out the obvious like that. especially seeing as how you are a newcomer. welcome.

There are ways to get around this. Not really a big deal for a massive development.

The family that owns Hue's Kitchen owns the entire building (and has family members living there, as there's a really cool apartment with a deck and skylight at the top). Interesting to see how this plays out.

Thanks for trying to explain. But I still don't understand. Sorry.

Sunrise no make money. Sunrise close.

Developer not force Sunrise out. Sunrise go out of business. Developer not plan anything.

Back