Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I would be a better landmark if they add an observation deck with a revolving restaurant on the very top lol !
I do wish there was some sort of public observation deck or restaurant on the top levels here. It would have provided a fantastic perspective from the north and be a major upgrade from what Manulife Centre used to offer.

I do wish there was some sort of public observation deck or restaurant on the top levels here. It would have provided a fantastic perspective from the north and be a major upgrade from what Manulife Centre used to offer.
Used to? It’s still there - it’s now called Antonio Park (AP).

Used to? It’s still there - it’s now called Antonio Park (AP).
I was referring to the view which is far less spectacular than it used to be due to all the recent and future development in the area. A restaurant at the top of The One would have been unobstructed in all directions.

Here are photos taken today, Friday (June 23rd). Since I last posted photos two weeks ago, the Rail Climbing Systems (RCS) have been all placed, with the last two hanging sections of nine placed on the north side, judging by member photos, either Wednesday or Thursday. Someone asked who said what system would be used on the south side - I had talked to some of the guys there and they said just that there'd be "a different system." No hint as to what that would look like.
It seems the working platforms for the east RCS are at least partly in place, as visible in one of the shots taken to the south. I looked at the west RCS but it doesn't seem those platforms are in place.
Seems we are at the 33rd level now? Some wide shots here, including my weekly (though not last week) "time-lapse" update to my Flickr album. And this is what we are going to see from here on in (unless giant signs are attached to those RCS exteriors). As the RCSs rise, we'll see basically what we see now, completed cladding below, exposed concrete levels above, now that the super columns on the lowest level have the cladding all in place (partly covered still by wrap).
A tight shot of the mechanical levels now that the hanger slip-forms have completely cleared those levels. And some semi-abstract shots maybe suggesting something like a warrior with all the triangles and "face" at the top.... Finally, I wonder who spray-painted "VIXEN" to the construction application notice for the new guys next door?
Here is the link to my Flickr "time-lapse" album Oct 2020-June 2023: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jer1961/albums/72157718725607562

UTIMG_1613.jpg
UTIMG_1641.jpg
UTIMG_1769.jpg
UTIMG_1511.jpg

UTIMG_1543.jpg
UTIMG_1587.jpg

UTIMG_1668.jpg

UTIMG_1825.jpg
UTIMG_1539.jpg
UTIMG_1713.jpg

UTIMG_1719.jpg

UTIMG_1848.jpg

Last edited:
Minimum 11 foot ceilings on every floor I believe. Or possibly 11 feet in total between each floor plate, someone probably knows which one of those is right.

The lower tower tiers are 3.00 metres slab to slabs (9 foot ceilings) whilte the upper tower tiers are 3.30 metres slab to slab (10 foot ceilings) That also means the tiers aren't all the same height. It's not 400 metres tall. It's 328.4 metres tall.

Since I fired up the Photoshop for 'SkyTower'... took a stab at a possible look for the 328.4 metre version (2 hanger sections). Might be a bit too generous with the top 2 floors(?).

Original rendering from the City of Toronto via an UrbanToronto story below.
https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2023/0...colour-march-transit-remains-major-draw.51926

TheOne@328m-CROP.jpg

Also had a day-dream that Gabriel C. was hired to provide better separation distance for the 19 Bloor West proposal. 🙃

TheOne-neighbour.jpg

Since I fired up the Photoshop for 'SkyTower'... took a stab at a possible look for the 328.4 metre version (2 hanger sections). Might be a bit too generous with the top 2 floors(?).

Original rendering from the City of Toronto via an UrbanToronto story below.
https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2023/0...colour-march-transit-remains-major-draw.51926

View attachment 488012

Also had a day-dream that Gabriel C. was hired to provide better separation distance for the 19 Bloor West proposal. 🙃

View attachment 488014
You've made 19 Bloor way too sexy here...

Back