Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I was about to say! This should quiet those who said no work has been done (but let's be honest they'll keep saying that).
Works been done but at an absurdly slow pace. 33 Yorkville demo'd an entire huge multi level parking garage in the same time as Mizrahi demo'd a 2000sq ft retail space. Everything with this project is slow. When I saw them drill and complete the first hole I calculated May until forming starts...Guess what? There are more workers in 20 sq ft at The Well than have been on this project since day one. I could care less, they can take 8 years to build it but anyone who suggests this is a first class, schedule focused and driven construction process is deluding themselves. At the end of the day it's Mizrahi's worry not ours. Peace to all.

Works been done but at an absurdly slow pace. 33 Yorkville demo'd an entire huge multi level parking garage in the same time as Mizrahi demo'd a 2000sq ft retail space. Everything with this project is slow. When I saw them drill and complete the first hole I calculated May until forming starts...Guess what? There are more workers in 20 sq ft at The Well than have been on this project since day one. I could care less, they can take 8 years to build it but anyone who suggests this is a first class, schedule focused and driven construction process is deluding themselves. At the end of the day it's Mizrahi's worry not ours. Peace to all.

Man there's only so much they can do here.
As mentioned several times, the excavation process is one scoop to one scoop at a time.
They could only do 1 pour per column at a time. They can only maneuver a couple machines in that ridiculously small area.

I watched the demo of that parking lot...not that complicated..smash smash smash not that technical when you have the biggest concrete pulverizer in the country.
Put your money where your keyboard is and build your own 85 storey tower.

MIZRAHI DEVELOPMENTS & HYATT UNVEIL PLANS FOR ANDAZ TORONTO – YORKVILLE

Luxury Andaz brand to make Toronto debut in 2022 with new hotel located at The One, set to be tallest building in Canada

TORONTO, ON (May 1, 2019) – Renowned Canadian developer Mizrahi Developments and leading global hospitality company Hyatt are excited to announce the first Andaz hotel in Toronto, which will be located within The One, at the prestigious address of One Bloor Street West. The One will be a commercial and residential luxury mixed-use tower that is expected to be the tallest building in Canada. With a highly anticipated opening date slated for 2022, Andaz Toronto – Yorkville will feature a 160-room luxury hotel experience in the heart of Toronto. The Andaz brand, made up of 18 hotels globally, is designed to attract well-traveled creative individuals who embrace their own personal style.

The new Andaz hotel will occupy floors four through 16 of the mixed-use tower, offering more than 15 luxury suites, plus more than 12,000 square feet of event and conference space, contemporary food and beverage experiences, a spa, and more. Guests will have the opportunity to experience the liveliness of Yonge and Bloor – nestled amidst the vibrant high-end neighborhood of Yorkville – with access to the city’s main subway lines providing an unparalleled commuting experience to all parts of Toronto. The Bloor West location offers access to high-end shopping, dining and entertaining experiences.

“It is an honor to announce this prestigious and significant project with Hyatt,” said Sam Mizrahi, president of Mizrahi Developments. “It validates almost a decade of vision and hard work by the collective team, and it is a true testament to Toronto’s growing importance on the global scene. The One sets a new benchmark for Toronto – and for Canada as a whole – and we are excited to have the iconic Andaz brand on board as we forge ahead on this extraordinary project.”

“Yonge and Bloor streets are the crossroads to one of the most multi-cultural places in the world,” said Scott Richer, vice president of real estate and development, Canada for Hyatt. “Given the confluence of architecture, design and sheer quality that this project represents, we could not have found a more suitable location to bring the immersive and vibrant Andaz brand to Toronto.

The One Bloor West tower will deliver over 1,000 feet of thoughtful design in collaboration with globally recognized award-winning architectural design firm Foster + Partners, and acclaimed Toronto-based Core Architects. To create space and tranquility at the busiest pedestrian intersection in the country, Mizrahi Developments and Foster + Partners have envisioned public spaces at the base of the tower as well as in six-storey podium of retail, restaurant and boutique hotel floors to enhance the guest experience at The One.

For more information, please visit www.onebloorwest.com and www.andaz.com.

Man there's only so much they can do here.
As mentioned several times, the excavation process is one scoop to one scoop at a time.
They could only do 1 pour per column at a time. They can only maneuver a couple machines in that ridiculously small area.

I watched the demo of that parking lot...not that complicated..smash smash smash not that technical when you have the biggest concrete pulverizer in the country.
Put your money where your keyboard is and build your own 85 storey tower.
giphy.gif

Trump Toronto 2 in the making......just watch.

Is this more of this "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know about development and construction and sometimes people on this site need an education so I educate " knowledge you're dropping on us?

Not sure if this is a positive or negative comment. Trump Toronto gave us:
- Timeless architecture
- 5 star hotel (both Trump and St. Regis)
- nice public art

Back