Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

What is it with these threads always being brought back to negativity?
Hmmmm....

One thing has become very obvious to me, buildings are often like politics and religion. For reasons unknown, some are open targets that are piled on relentlessly often unjustified. Others are defended with missionary zeal when they clearly don't deserve it. It really is fascinating to observe.

Not sure if this is a positive or negative comment. Trump Toronto gave us:
- Timeless architecture
- 5 star hotel (both Trump and St. Regis)
- nice public art

The name trump and anything attributing to it being positive gives me the shivers...quite literally

One thing has become very obvious to me, buildings are often like politics and religion. For reasons unknown, some are open targets that are piled on relentlessly often unjustified. Others are defended with missionary zeal when they clearly don't deserve it. It really is fascinating to observe.

In the present case, the issue has nothing to do with a building as there is no building. There is only talk of a building by a developer without a track record of delivering a building anywhere close to the proposed size, scale or complexity of the one in question. Not to mention that this building appears to be far behind original timelines.

And thus a healthy amount of skeptical abounds.

In the present case, the issue has nothing to do with a building as there is no building. There is only talk of a building by a developer without a track record of delivering a building anywhere close to the proposed size, scale or complexity of the one in question. Not to mention that this building appears to be far behind original timelines.

Who cares if it's behind schedule 2021 or 22 wtf does it matter? How is it bothering anyone except for buyers/investors of condo units (who are unlikely to be reading this forum) at One??

The announcement today is further proof this small time developer is building momentum and should be celebrated as an entrepreneur.

Who cares if it's behind schedule 2021 or 22 wtf does it matter? How is it bothering anyone except for buyers/investors of condo units (who are unlikely to be reading this forum) at One??

but... but... we're all sooo anxious!!

I rarely am critical of any buildings.....the process is of interest to me. Your comment is very accurate.

The announcement today is further proof this small time developer is building momentum and should be celebrated as an entrepreneur.
or maybe it says he's flying by the seat of his pants....somehow I think that is far more accurate.

we hear of brain or see pics of it but none of us have ever touched our brains, does it exist? what im trying to say is that we dont see everything, there are things that happen without our knowledge and there is alot going on this project behind the curtains.

Back