Toronto The Ninety | 32m | 9s | Harhay | Core Architects

What do you mean by this? Permits MUST be issued PRIOR to start of construction, and the cost is the same, regardless.
Time value of money. The developer can earn interest on the money it would have spent buying permits unnecessarily early, so it makes sense to put off the purchase until construction starts.

I am just wondering if they are going to contact us about this projects status and what not... Don't developers usually do that sort of thing?

http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/reales...inety-project-will-marry-old-and-new-elements

This article is June 2010 and says spring construction.. is that spring 2011?

I wouldn't read too much into the article:

"Gläs, a 163-unit loft project at 24 Charlotte St. with modern architecture, currently under construction, sits on a lot that’s just 13.7 metres wide and can’t handle a traditional underground ramp system. So it will include two custom-designed unmanned parking elevators."

Glas has been finished for probably a year now.

Saw it today and nothing has happened. Spring 2012? Good luck. I'd look for Dec. 2012, early 2013 at the earliest. Regardless of the lack of floors, adding on to an existing building is full of surprises. Take a look at the Toy Factory Lofts and their huge delays.

Dear Purchaser:

We and would like to provide purchasers at The Ninety with a project update:

We have completed the demolition of the existing building on the south lands (the Climbing Academy building) and prepared the site for construction with the removal of trees, site services, installation of safety fencing etc.

We will now begin the excavation and shoring of the site, which will involve excavating down 4 parking levels into the ground. This stage of the construction process will take approximately 4 months to complete. We will then begin to pour concrete in order to form the garage and then the above grade building structure.

This summer we faced an unfortunate delay to the project. In working with our neighbours to the south (Broadview Lofts), we had designed a tie-back shoring system along the south side of the excavation. At the last minute, the neighbours reneged on the proposed agreement and we had to redesign the shoring system using rakers and resubmit the alternate design to the City for permit. This also required the structural redesign of the building on the south face. We are pleased to say that we have redesigned the shoring system and expect to obtain approvals shortly. We have re-tendered the shoring and excavation contracts and expect to re-mobilize and begin this work in September. As we can now resume construction activities, we will be able to refine our construction schedule. We will provide a further update on the schedule this fall once we are better able to define completion dates. We cannot provide a revised occupancy date at this time, however, the three month delay noted above probably means a three month further delay to occupancy. Over the next month or so we will look for ways of regaining schedule and providing you with a more certain date.

Cool... thanks for the letter. I noticed there is a purchaser login aswell on the web site... I guess there are going to be usernames and passwords sent out or something..

They changed the login to password access only, similar with their East Lofts. The password is 'broadview', it was easy enough to guess. Contains a update dated Sep 07, 2010.

Has anyone actually received the letter yet? I realize the pdf on the website says it was sent by email and was dated Sept 7, but I haven't received it yet.

Back