Toronto The Modern | ?m | 17s | Empire | DTAH

no no BMyers ... me just sayin' :D ... not to be rude~

good catch alafleur ! haha I guess only the main part of Modern's logo got all the attention

modern.jpg

Empire bought the project in late 2008.

Condo Guide and Condo Life are going to keep getting thinner over the next year as will the real estate sections in the Globe, Post, Sun and Star.

activity had gone quiet on this project. i had assumed things would have started in late 2008.

Lions demolition has posted signs on the old Advantage Rental portion of the Modern site...a sign construction is not far off?

Lions demolition has posted signs on the old Advantage Rental portion of the Modern site...a sign construction is not far off?

I'm buyer of an unit at the Modern and as of now I have not heard the final word on this from Empire. According to their correspondence they have til April 30th to decide whether the project is a go or not, if I have correctly interpreted it.

If Lions has posted their sign they must have a demolition contract. As well a city official indicated that Empire was persuing a permit. Let's hope it's a go.

They told me that demolition of everything but the sales centre will be completed in April 2009, and the sales centre will go in summer and construction will start then. Supposedly the condo owners will be invited to the ground breaking ceremony in the summer.

Can anyone estimate how long it takes to construct a 17 storey building once it actually gets started?

Back