Toronto The Madison | 121m | 36s | Madison Group | Kirkor

Here's some random photos of the parking lots and back and side of the buildings that will be demolished.. I figure Street View can show you the building's fronts. Work continues on converting the old York Event Theatre into the sales centre.

Madison01.jpg

Madison02.jpg

Madison03.jpg

Madison04.jpg

Madison05.jpg

Madison06.jpg

Madison07.jpg

Madison08.jpg

Madison09.jpg

Madison10.jpg

Minor Variance Application to be heard on June 1, 2011.

New height and confirmed grocery store.

PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:

To alter the mixed use development approved under Site Specific By-law 622-2010, as follows: the west residential tower will be 33-storeys and will contain 260 units; the east residential tower will be 30-storeys and will contain 230 units; the podium will vary from three storeys to seven storeys and will contain 156 dwelling units and a grocery store located on the first and second storey.

REQUESTED VARIANCE(S) TO THE ZONING BY-LAW:

1. Section 1(2), By-law 622-2010
The mixed use building shall not contain more than 571 dwelling units.
In this case, the mixed use building will contain a total of 646 dwelling units.

2. Section 1(3), By-law 622-2010
The total combined residential and non-residential gross floor area, including indoor amenity space, shall not exceed 55,000 m2, of which the residential gross floor area on the lot shall not exceed 49,000 m2.
In this case, the residential gross floor area on the lot will be 49,573.24 m2.

3. Section 1(4), By-law 622-2010
No portion of the mixed use building or structures above grade shall be located otherwise than wholly within the area delineated by the heavy lines on Map 2 attached to the By-law.
In this case, the two residential towers will be constructed outside the area delineated by the heavy lines on Map 2 of the By-law.

4. Section 1 (7) (b), By-law 622-2010
A minimum of 1,142.0 m2 of outdoor amenity space shall be provided.
In this case, 1,100.19 m2 of outdoor residential amenity space will be provided.

5. Section 1(8) and (9), By-law 622-2010
A total of 700 on-site parking spaces shall be provided, of which 129 parking spaces are to be designated for the grocery store use, and 78 parking spaces are to be designated as residential visitor parking.
In this case, 696 on-site parking spaces will be provided, of which 131 parking spaces will be commercial parking spaces and zero parking spaces are to be designated as grocery store and residential visitor parking spaces.

apparently broker/agent sales are underway ...

Floor plates for The Madison:

Madison_fp.jpg

sorry I don't ... but agents/brokers will likely have them (I'm not one myself)

Minor Variance Application to be heard on June 1, 2011.

New height and confirmed grocery store.

PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:

To alter the mixed use development approved under Site Specific By-law 622-2010, as follows: the west residential tower will be 33-storeys and will contain 260 units; the east residential tower will be 30-storeys and will contain 230 units; the podium will vary from three storeys to seven storeys and will contain 156 dwelling units and a grocery store located on the first and second storey.

REQUESTED VARIANCE(S) TO THE ZONING BY-LAW:

1. Section 1(2), By-law 622-2010
The mixed use building shall not contain more than 571 dwelling units.
In this case, the mixed use building will contain a total of 646 dwelling units.

2. Section 1(3), By-law 622-2010
The total combined residential and non-residential gross floor area, including indoor amenity space, shall not exceed 55,000 m2, of which the residential gross floor area on the lot shall not exceed 49,000 m2.
In this case, the residential gross floor area on the lot will be 49,573.24 m2.

3. Section 1(4), By-law 622-2010
No portion of the mixed use building or structures above grade shall be located otherwise than wholly within the area delineated by the heavy lines on Map 2 attached to the By-law.
In this case, the two residential towers will be constructed outside the area delineated by the heavy lines on Map 2 of the By-law.

4. Section 1 (7) (b), By-law 622-2010
A minimum of 1,142.0 m2 of outdoor amenity space shall be provided.
In this case, 1,100.19 m2 of outdoor residential amenity space will be provided.

5. Section 1(8) and (9), By-law 622-2010
A total of 700 on-site parking spaces shall be provided, of which 129 parking spaces are to be designated for the grocery store use, and 78 parking spaces are to be designated as residential visitor parking.
In this case, 696 on-site parking spaces will be provided, of which 131 parking spaces will be commercial parking spaces and zero parking spaces are to be designated as grocery store and residential visitor parking spaces.

This application was approved yesterday. Technically, it's in the OMB appeal period for the next 20 days, but I doubt it will get appealed. If the mods want to change the title to reflect the height increase that would be boss.

Madison at Yonge & Eglinton presentation centre

some snapshots from the presentation centre yesterday.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

13.JPG

Any idea what the grocery store might be?

I'm betting Loblaws… I should clarify that I have no insider knowledge on that.

Anyway, we now have a sizeable dataBase entry for this building, and a front page story which links to it. Check em' both out starting here.

At one time (a while ago though) there was a rumour for Whole Foods here ... but not sure if there is a market for that

There is certainly a market for whole foods at Y&E. Right between Forest Hill and Leaside, surrounded by condos with young owners, and on top of a future underground LRT line. Other than the one in Yorkville i cant think of a better place for a whole foods.

Back