Toronto The King East | ?m | 15s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

The high level shot from June 29th was taken from my 27th floor condo balcony in Pure Spirits (33 Mill Street). I have a north west corner unit overlooking the First Parliament Site, Staples/Porsche, and King East of course.

Thanks for the pictures.

I looked at them for a long time, and, after some thought, I think that these are the best looking buildings under construction in the entire city. Everything about it is well-executed: the scale, the exterior brick patterns, the massing, the double-height ground floor, how it deals with the unusual angle of the property.

For some reason that I can't quite put my finger on, the King East reminds me of the son of the long-dead Toronto Board of Trade building at Yonge and Front. I don't know why.

The high level shot from June 29th was taken from my 27th floor condo balcony in Pure Spirits (33 Mill Street). I have a north west corner unit overlooking the First Parliament Site, Staples/Porsche, and King East of course.

I thought it might have been taken over at 33 Mill! Wow, you have the perfect lookout for day-to-day TKE progress!

I walked by the site a few days ago and was looking for the elevator shaft. Couldn't find it. I think it's going to be housed in the little cut out area in the middle of the building. If that's the case, I think there will be a bit of a delay. Thoughts?

There was a post on this or other thread with .pdf plan and elevators are closer to where crane is. I'll see if I can find it.

The elevators are not in the area being used to lift materials.

It is approximately in the middle on the north/south axis, and west of the centre on the east/west axis.

I walked by the site a few days ago and was looking for the elevator shaft. Couldn't find it. I think it's going to be housed in the little cut out area in the middle of the building. If that's the case, I think there will be a bit of a delay. Thoughts?

On first page of this thread there is preliminary report here is the link again look on page 6 for elevator location.

On first page of this thread there is preliminary report here is the link again look on page 6 for elevator location.

Thanks, Boomix.

So looking at the plans the elevators are right behind the entrance. The entrance is in the "cut out". I looked in that area and saw a cinder block wall. I'm guessing that's where the elevators would be. However, that area is within the cutout. I may have to go look again.

The southeast corner of the elevator core is clearly visible in the above photo. It's at the back left side of the cut out.

July 9, 2012:

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4427.jpg

So I walked by and finally saw the elevator shaft. It will be interesting to see who occupies the 3 retails spots. They're all a good size. Looks like they're also preparing to start filling in the "hole" now.

Back