IMG_4528.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
IMG_4526.jpeg
IMG_4525.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4524.jpeg
    IMG_4524.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 30
...and goodness, a Teeple uncorrupted by cheap arsed developers too!

Just wait a couple of years. And this is directly across from a very nice and large regional park!
That's all good, but all the crap to its left and right need to be redeveloped ASAP into midrise to truly transform this bleak street into something nice.

Putting this here (though I also tried on a super old thread about the greater Downsview project nearby): I biked down the Black Creek Trail a week or so back, and took a newish paved branch east towards Keele / Downsview Park. I was excited by my discovery until the trail unceremoniously dead-ended at construction fencing behind this new condo here. There is a grassy landscaped area on the other side of the fence, but no indication of a trail continuation. The only way out is to take a muddy unofficial path south through a cut in a fence to a neighbouring low-rise apartment parking lot. FUN!' For those who have followed this development or this area: What the heck is up with this? The TRCA sign on the fencing says their trail was to be done in 2021 and was supposed to connect to Keele.. Even if delayed, it clearly has no outlet to the road. My only thought is that they are waiting on The Keeley to build the final piece of trail to connect it to Keele. Is that the case? Sounds like a public/private partnership gone wrong so far.

PXL_20231224_174759199.jpg
PXL_20231224_174817425.jpg

Putting this here (though I also tried on a super old thread about the greater Downsview project nearby): I biked down the Black Creek Trail a week or so back, and took a newish paved branch east towards Keele / Downsview Park. I was excited by my discovery until the trail unceremoniously dead-ended at construction fencing behind this new condo here. There is a grassy landscaped area on the other side of the fence, but no indication of a trail continuation. The only way out is to take a muddy unofficial path south through a cut in a fence to a neighbouring low-rise apartment parking lot. FUN!' For those who have followed this development or this area: What the heck is up with this? The TRCA sign on the fencing says their trail was to be done in 2021 and was supposed to connect to Keele.. Even if delayed, it clearly has no outlet to the road. My only thought is that they are waiting on The Keeley to build the final piece of trail to connect it to Keele. Is that the case? Sounds like a public/private partnership gone wrong so far.

View attachment 530853View attachment 530854
To somewhat annoyingly reply to myself, a rendering on The Keeley's site, shows in the bottom right corner a paved, wooded greenspace, where a connection from the current trail to the street would be. I guess they haven't done it yet. From the looks of it they are meant to plant a bunch of trees, which could be delaying things. I really just feel like the trail needs to exit somewhere, or at least have signage indicating it doesn't. Ideally the former, not the latter.

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 1.19.55 AM.png

To somewhat annoyingly reply to myself, a rendering on The Keeley's site, shows in the bottom right corner a paved, wooded greenspace, where a connection from the current trail to the street would be. I guess they haven't done it yet. From the looks of it they are meant to plant a bunch of trees, which could be delaying things. I really just feel like the trail needs to exit somewhere, or at least have signage indicating it doesn't. Ideally the former, not the latter.

View attachment 530862

Just to follow up on this issue with the Downsview Dells trail leg that dead-ended at the Keeley: As of this past weekend the construction fences have been taken down (hooray!). However, the trail remains unpaved, and it's quite a steep little grassy hill now to get from the trail end to Keele. Possible, but not really made for it. Pic not mine.

1711570023624.png

Also, after many months of fruitlessly hounding TRCA about this project, I finally moved onto city Parks and Forestry, which is apparently in charge of this. Here is statement I got from a Parks staffer:
The newly laid sod between the current trail and Keele St. is to be turned over to the City for Parks to maintain sometime over the next few weeks. This will allow for access to Keele St. The developer is responsible only for base park delivery, including sodding, fencing and utility connections. Capital Projects will be building out the above-base park that will provide a new trailhead access to Black Creek Trail but we don't know the timing yet.
I take this to mean the trail will be paved and connected through to Keele, but at some unknown time.

Back