Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

305m with the lighting rods.
@Contra did u get those renders from the SPA application or did you edit the picture yourself?

Last edited:
^ Ah okay , well we will have to wait and see what the final height will be. I'll personally be happy if the end product is over 260m (without the rods) , as that would be a tall tower and still make a big statement on the skyline.

Is this a new render? The right photo appears slightly shorter.
Left is current render (from the Database) and right is me removing (in photoshop) three stories (with the assumption that they aren't increasing any floorheights, spire, etc.)

246 metres to the top of the roof, 258 to the top of the structure, 304 to the top of the lightning rod.

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 1.49.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 1.46.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 1.47.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 1.47.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 1.47.59 PM.png

Like: How the top is resolved.

Dislike: Looks like they took the colour out of the outward facing facets of the core:

1576781823277.png

(Oxford/RSH+P)

That's a minor change that translates into such a major step back in terms of aesthetic impact.

Ground level (from the Arch Plans)

1576782741811.png

1576782827796.png

(Oxford, RSH+P)

Cable facade system for the lobby.

AoD

Last edited:
Sorry to everyone jumping up and down at the 304-metre number for the spire. We're going with 258 metres for our database as the top of the structure.

That box on the spire will inevitably be a logo which is kinda a bummer. I suppose it will be illuminated though which could be cool.

So it shrinks yet again! Now down to 258m, still a solid height. But in this rendition they chopped another 50ft off. Too bad :(

It doesn't matter anyway as they have no tenants, could be many years before its built if at all. All fantasy land in the same boat as Union Centre and CC3.

So it shrinks yet again! Now down to 258m, still a solid height. But in this rendition they chopped another 50ft off. Too bad :(

It doesn't matter anyway as they have no tenants, could be many years before its built if at all. All fantasy land in the same boat as Union Centre and CC3.
Correction: they have no publicly announced tenants

A scrolling LED display would be kind of neat though. You can animate the logo with that.

AoD
Might as well eh? Would love for some more expressive lighting in the city - Salesforce Tower in SF, for example, has done a great job of that I think.

Back