Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

I just hope the "skygarden" is retained, that's what would truly make this project unique. I wouldn't be surprised if (hopefully i'm wrong) it was stripped right out of the project altogether.

View attachment 180503

it looks better now. the glass is darker than it was before and with that mechanical structure it looks like a wrapped gift. I like it
Yup, can't wait to see The Hub @ 60s/274m and CIBC-2 @ 54s/242m go up at the same time ...good times:cool:

im not worried about the quality of this project, Oxford always deliver what they promise. the only worry is I hope they can start construction as soon as possible and I hope Oxford doesn't shorten the tower after approval like CIBC or 160 Front.

Resubmitted materials in support of ZBA application:

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 3.29.01 PM.png

Hmm? the next wave of development?... hopefully soon

Toronto office market: Landlords can ‘name their price’

The report said the next wave of development includes these notable projects: Oxford’s The HUB (1.3 million square feet); QuadReal’s Commerce Court 3 (1.8 million square feet); Allied Properties REIT and Westbank’s Union Centre (1.3 million square feet); and Hines’ 10-storey mass-timber office building called T3 Bayside (240,000 square feet).
More..... https://renx.ca/gta-office-market-continues-strong-performance/

Hmm? the next wave of development?... hopefully soon

Toronto office market: Landlords can ‘name their price’

The report said the next wave of development includes these notable projects: Oxford’s The HUB (1.3 million square feet); QuadReal’s Commerce Court 3 (1.8 million square feet); Allied Properties REIT and Westbank’s Union Centre (1.3 million square feet); and Hines’ 10-storey mass-timber office building called T3 Bayside (240,000 square feet).
More..... https://renx.ca/gta-office-market-continues-strong-performance/

Looking back to the original Avison Young report.........there is some more interesting data there.

A supply crisis persists in Toronto’s red-hot downtown market, which posted a first-quarter vacancy rate of 1.9% – down 60 bps year-over-year and still hovering near the historic low of 1.8% set at year-end 2018.

The amount of office area confirmed or under construction remained steady at 11.2 msf (58% preleased )

Construction continues on 9.6 msf of space in the downtown market, with 57% preleased at the end of the quarter. That number is poised to jump to 71%, however, as speculation was rampant near quarter-end that pending deals

Full report linked below:

Looking back to the original Avison Young report.........there is some more interesting data there.

A supply crisis persists in Toronto’s red-hot downtown market, which posted a first-quarter vacancy rate of 1.9% – down 60 bps year-over-year and still hovering near the historic low of 1.8% set at year-end 2018.

The amount of office area confirmed or under construction remained steady at 11.2 msf (58% preleased )

Construction continues on 9.6 msf of space in the downtown market, with 57% preleased at the end of the quarter. That number is poised to jump to 71%, however, as speculation was rampant near quarter-end that pending deals

Full report linked below:

We've seen the largest portion of those pending deals come to fruition with TD taking 33 floors in 160 Front, but it's interesting that there's speculation of a pending deal for 65 King East that was being built on spec.

With not so many completions slated for the rest of 2019 I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two more projects go ahead!

I walked by the site and at the parking entrance, it said the lot is closed between May and June, with a bunch of generators occupying the site. My interpretation is that the closure is temporary, hope I'm wrong

Back