Toronto The Georgian | 27.6m | 7s | Stafford | RAW Design

62044377.jpg

Attachments

• 62044377.jpg
    62044377.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 760
I like this a lot, interesting with lots of variety, and not just another glass box with spandrels ... solid midrise design that will fit nicely into the Gerrard context

For me, I find it too busy with all the different design elements that don't gel together. It is nice that the Beer Store and parking lot is going away though.

Granted, the design is a bit of a dog's breakfast but the height and inclusion of retail at grade are big pluses. It sounds like there was a lot of "negativity" expressed by the locals that attended the community meeting regarding this proposal. Over a year ago I went to a community consultation in the same neighbourhood for a different proposal a half block west of this one and I can say I'm not surprised at the reaction. The meeting I attended was was rife with nimbys. These people are so anal that I doubt anything that doesn't match their multi million dollar Victorian homes will be met with disdain. There is no way to please them. This is why I have mixed feelings about the OMB. We need a governing body that considers the greater good and can see past the oft times greedy reactions of (some) of the locals. BTW this is not in Cabbagetown. When the Daniels' proposal of the Regent Park rebuild hits the Gerard Street phase, which is in Cabbagetown, there will be major whining. I live in the neighbourhood and I already hear the wringing of hands.

Last edited:
It's definitely busy but not completely horrid- the lower two floors look fine to me. Unify the brick colour, reduce the mullions and get rid of that ridiculous clock- nobody is going to see it and it probably won't work in a few years.

Back