Toronto The Garrison at The Yards | ?m | 12s | Onni Group | Wallman Architects

WHC1 has two retail units and WHC2 has three retail units on top of the townhouses and live/work.

Don't think this has been posted yet:

img2.jpg

What's the point of having trees/gardens there if its going to be right under a freeway??
Trees need sunlight.

River City has an overpass that divides its development.
River City's underpass park is well designed with well thought out lighting, retail/food kiosks, furniture and art installations -- hopefully The Yards will have something similar.

Where do you see retail in WHC? Do you mean the work/live units that look like regular condo units? Are work/live units considered suitable for retail? Can you put retail in them? What exactly are they? I know City Place has them too but they just seem to be used as regular apartments. I figured they could be used as offices or an artist's studio but can they be used as a store?

live/work units can only provide services. Not retail/sales.

I noticed that all the live/work units in Panorama are either empty or used as real estate offices. The 2 spaces for retail are both still empty. So far it's not very pleasant to walk by.

why, what's the story there?

Dysfunctional is an understatement - there is a long running feud in the family that has been very public and well publicized in Vancouver. Onni, Amacon and Pinnacle are all routed in different estrangements of the family.

Back