Toronto The Florian | ?m | 25s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Hariri Pontarini

7 August 2010: I wonder if the Florian will bring "glamourous" retail further north?

dsc01858t.jpg

and that tiny traffic island might benefit from some landscaping too... hopefully with the new developments in the area there will be some pressure to refurbish this intersection.

All of Bay St. from Davenport down to at least Bloor is in desperate need of reconstruction (I think it's beyond a simple repave). I hope that the city has it marked as a priority once all of the construction along Bay is complete, because it really is kind of disgraceful right now.

Actually, it'd be nice if they got the BIA involved and followed a similar design to Bloor St. It would unify the design for the neighbourhood and strengthen Yorkville's identity as a destination.

The sidewalks are already fairly generous, but I think they probably have the space to add a landscaped median through that stretch. It would go a long way to geting rid of the expressway feeling that the street currently has. They could basically do what they should have done with Jarvis

This one would make so much more sense if the curved section were an extra two or three stories higher.

Though small, it'd be nice to see some landscaping on that island similar to the University Avenue triangle. I'm sure we'll see something though, because it's pretty embarrassing as is.

Another floor to be added here?

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/searchPlanningApp.do

Site Plan Approval 10 242165 STE 27 SA 76 DAVENPORT RD Aug 18, 2010 Application Submitted Aug 18, 2010 Ward-27
South-District --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Brooks, Barry
(416) 392-1316
Amendment to existing site plan agreement to include additional floor area as approved in related C of A Application - Amendment is only for 76 Davenport. Planner to verify additional floor area. Approval for 76 and 100 Davenport road - To construct a 25 -storey mixed use commercial and residential building - and a 3 storey building. OMB case # PL050331.

Back