Toronto The Borough | 69.8m | 21s | G Group | Kirkor Architects

A new final report on this one, recommending approval.

Height/Form substantially similar but an increase in unit count.

From said report:

The previous number of stacked townhouse units in three blocks interior to the site would now be reduced to two blocks only. Overall proposed gross floor area remains largely unchanged, with the increased number of dwelling unit achieved through an approximate one-third reduction in average unit sizes, and altering the overall mix of units previously proposed including the introduction of 25% of the (non-townhouse) units as new 'studio' (i.e. 'bachelor') apartments. Previously approved retail commercial floor space would also now be utilized for residential purposes only.

Reactions: PMT
site as of August 7th, 2022, certainly does not look like a site that is anticipating the start of construction promised in June and pushed back to August
IMG_20220807_152721.jpg
IMG_20220807_153030.jpg
IMG_20220807_153033.jpg
IMG_20220807_153109.jpg
IMG_20220807_153134.jpg
IMG_20220807_153146.jpg
IMG_20220807_153200.jpg
IMG_20220807_153240.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220807_153253.jpg
    IMG_20220807_153253.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20220807_153256.jpg
    IMG_20220807_153256.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20220807_153258.jpg
    IMG_20220807_153258.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 31
This might be holding up the work here.

Relevant quote: "In Scarborough, a suburban sprawl on Toronto’s eastern edge, Unexus has sold out 385 luxury condo units in “The Borough,” a pre-construction two-tower development."

The rest of the article's worth a read.

This has been delayed for over 3 years now. I'm feeling sorry for those who bought in pre-construction. Is this project dead in the water? Where would people get information on the current status?

I was passi
This has been delayed for over 3 years now. I'm feeling sorry for those who bought in pre-construction. Is this project dead in the water? Where would people get information on the current status?
do they have any other projects built and delivered to people ?

Curious first post...................

That said; There are no permits applied for at this site, never mind issued.

Last permit here was demo in 2017
Edit to add: NOAC was never issued on the Site Plan.

'current' Site Plan link in the AIC:

No supporting docs are shown.

I want to know in such situation, who owns the land, I feel The G Group the developer try to squeeze the buyer to dismiss from the agreement so they can continue the project to sell much higher price

I sent an email to the city below is the response.......

Good morning,

The new zoning to permit this development was first approved by City Council in 2018 and further revised in 2021. While that zoning is now in full force and effect, I appreciate this development doesn’t appear to have progressed much over the past year, particularly to potential purchasers (since I’ve been receiving so many similar enquiries lately). I can’t speak to the developer’s own business plans currently for getting any ‘shovels in the ground’ for this project, but I can advise that over the past year they’ve been revising their design plans for the two smaller buildings on the interior of the site. I know the applicant as recently as the end of January was pursuing an updated zoning review of those recent design changes from Toronto Building Zoning staff, who apparently are now waiting for some further revised submissions from the developer before concluding that review. That review will then assist the applicant in providing one further (hopefully final) site plan resubmission for final review by City Planning in consultation with other departments. If no further issues are flagged with that resubmission, City Planning will then be in a position to advance our Site Plan Control approval (through what’s called a Notice of Approval Conditions) for the development. The NOAC is one final step before building permits can be issued. Since so much depends on timely action by the developer I can’t really give you any specific time estimates for NOAC issuance, but as far as City Planning is concerned this proposal is certainly still very much ‘active’. If all goes well from here on, my best-guesstimate is building permits could potentially start to be issued by late-spring/early-summer at the earliest.

I trust this much was helpful. Cheers!

Rod Hines \ Principal Planner, Community Planning \ City of Toronto, City Planning Division

Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Drive, 4th Floor, Toronto, ON M1P 4N7

Phone 416.396.7020 \ Fax: 416.396.4265 \ Rod.Hines@toronto.ca

Message from the builder.....

Dear Purchaser,

We hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to provide you some exciting updates regarding The Borough as of April 15, 2024:

We are officially beginning site clean-up to prepare for demolition. Within the next week you will notice activity at The Borough. Once we have completed demolition we will begin to excavate and shore which is the precursor to construction. Given this progress, we anticipate construction to officially commence in Summer 2024. A formal notice will be sent to you once construction has officially begun.

Some additional items to note:

• An updated Occupancy Date will be provided after construction has begun and once we have determined the length of the Unavoidable Delay. As a reminder, we are still in an Unavoidable Delay Period which began in March 2020, and relates to delays caused by the pandemic, construction related strikes and supply chain issues. Once the impacts of these delays can be properly assessed, an Unavoidable Delay Period Closure notice will be sent which will also contain new expected Occupancy Dates. Due to this, the current Occupancy Dates within the Agreement of Purchase and Sale are no longer valid and will be superseded by dates provided in the Unavoidable Delay Closure notice.
  • Colour Selections will not occur until construction progress reaches a minimum threshold. We will provide updates as they become available regarding colour selections.
We thank you for your patience and empathize with experiencing the unanticipated delays. However, we are looking forward to beginning site work next week and to delivering you your new condominiums in the near future.

We sincerely appreciate your business. As mentioned, we will provide a formal notice once construction has begun.

Thank you.

Reactions: PMT

Back