Toronto The Berczy | 41.76m | 13s | Concert | Arcadis

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5E 1B3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 203744 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Jun 22, 2010

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Demolition

Description: This is for the demolition of a multi storey mixed use set of buildings to make room for a new 13 storey mixed used building that is to be constructed under permit no. 10 203 736 BLD 00 NB.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5E 1B3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 203736 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Jun 22, 2010

Project: Other New Building

Description: CONSTRUCTION OF A 13 STOREY CONCRETE STRUCTURE, HIGH RISE CONDOMINIUM APARTMENTS WITH GROUND FLOOR RETAIL SPACE AND THREE(3) LEVELS OF UNDERGROUND PARKING. THERE WILL BE 163 RESIDENTIAL UNITS.

Buskerfest and the future Berczy site.
potd-busker-berczy.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any project in Toronto starting construction only 5 or 6 months after the project has been launched. Very good for Concert and the buyers

Was in the sales centre last Saturday and told 95% sold. Only 2 bedrooms remain.

The kitchens in the model suites are to die for. With such a great location, this building has to be excellent and so far I like what I've seen.

"To die for" kitchens? I think not. Just a stove, fridge, countertop, cupboards and sink. What's so special about that that would make you want to die for?

well, I think that a Liebherr refrigerator with full paneling to match cabinetry which should cost more than $4000 or $5000 is something to die for. that does not come as standard very often in Toronto. Same with the AEG oven, cooktop and dishwasher. the semi-gloss lacquered for the upper cabinetry is something that is not standard in every project in Toronto, and if you want to upgrade to you have to pay a fortune. the materials are really high quality and you do not see that very often in Toronto, so yes, I agree with UrbanVigor, the kitchens are to die for.

I also agree with UrbanVigor and Carturo15. I was amazed with the sales centre kitchens and blown away when they told me everything is standard and no upgrades required. Tell me the last sales centre you visited where everything was standard vs. $20k+ in upgrades. I am more interested in the external materials as this will make or break this building. Looking forward to see L-Tower, Berczy, Market North, Market St. update and possible street renovations by 2013. Huge changes coming to this area.

i haven't been to the sales office but the kitchen does sound nice.

it's the perfect distraction to whoo potential buyers from noticing too much how poorly laid out many of the narrow and long suites are.

Back