Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Thanks tridelwebmaster - very nice indeed! I will definitely look forward to seeing this one rise. Curtain wall on the east facade?

AoD

Last edited:
This gave me a good chuckle. Glad to see someone over there has a sense of humour.

Looks great although I was hoping the tapering wouldn't be so subtle. Perhaps the slope of the roof could be more dramatic as well.
Really like how it looks at grade. Not much room to work with but wide sidewalks and trees!

Agree. Base looks great, however, the roof is terrible.

I think it looks dated... I really like the base but otherwise I'm not convinced.

Not a giant fan of the blank walls on either side of the tower's "prow", and I'm really hoping for glass with flush mullions for the "prow" and podium sections.

From Tridel

rg9LR.jpg

TaEVo.jpg

izn3M.jpg

u7D9w.jpg

So basically looking from either the North or South we are going to be presented with a 68 Storey wall of uniform, bland spandrel.

It's one thing to have this building hidden behind all the other cheap condos; however this will have a pretty big presence along the waterfront.

Any hope of Tridel adding some character to its monolith walls?

I like the podium and the tower looks much better in these renders. It's going to block out a nice view of lake for a lot of folks in ICE it seems.

Agreed. Views of Ice from the south (well, from the Island) will be obliterated. As will views of Ice condo dwellers looking south. Lovely.

That would have happened with any tall building built on this site. Unless it were made of transparent building materials. It's called living in the big city.

Losing views downtown is becoming more and more common now as density increases. It does kind of suck but that's the way things are headed now.

Now THAT's a project to look forward too! The renders look a lot better than I expected, and a HUGE improvement over how the previous proposal looked on the city skyline. This is also a much more elegant proposal, with a much slimmer profile.. it does look quite a bit shorter than the previous proposal, but I won't complain, because it looks better with it's surroundings at that height. :D

Hello Urban Toronto's dear Little Monsters. It is time to give the Mirvish-Gehry thread a little bit of a rest.

Here's one of many images to come including more renderings and some photos I took of the scale model delivery on Wednesday.

URCfKR

TIz5aF

Registrants will be receiving their brochure and floorplans pickup invitations soon.

Sales Representatives for Ten York: Candyce Charles and Chilli Yung

Ten York Phone number: (416) 596-9888

futuristic and epic.

So disappointed with the tower. Monotonous, dull, banal. Call it what you want but I don't want this to be the new face of the Toronto waterfront.

So disappointed with the tower. Monotonous, dull, banal. Call it what you want but I don't want this to be the new face of the Toronto waterfront.

I feel the same way.

Yes, the renders look great - but we've all learned that renders are generally misleading. I do like the fact that this tower makes better use of the plot of land (and the podium looks great). A part from that, I can't even get flacid about it.

What I'd like to know is what type of window wall system is going to be used. The last thing this area needs is a monolithic spandrel monstrosity, which I am fearing.

Back