Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

They were told to incorporate the shape of the site into the design ... sorry I just don't see how that happened, they could have done so much more in that respect, less the podium it self.

Honestly I think I preferred the original design (just in the sense it was different) and am surprised this got through the design board ... I guess they were told to go back and they likely just accepted whatever they re-submitted, or the critique was subdued.

I'm sorry but how does this not respond to the shape of the site? the site is triangular, and the building is too.

I'm sorry but how does this not respond to the shape of the site? the site is triangular, and the building is too.

Barely ! And likely only noticeable from some angles

looks pretty triangular to me...

10.jpg

Yeah I'm not sure how this isn't a triangle. Since this version came out it screamed Star Destroyer to me...and Star Destroyers are triangular in shape.

Just ! Fumy enough in the rendering above its barely noticeable ! Meh, anyway, ignore my rant, I just have a bad feeling about this one.

as featured in the sales qoute Caltrane posted, it will be curtain wall. Hullmark centre has curtian wall and looks perfectly fine.

curtain wall can only look so good when surrounded by spandrel wall ...

As was just reported on Toronto blogspot: http://torontoskyscraper.blogspot.ca/
Of the 600 units released, they have sold 88% of them. Could a request for more floors be that far away?

There's still an additional 94 units yet to be released and even though I'd like to see more height here too Tridel seems to play nice with the City so I doubt it will happen. This is still in pre-sales I presume?

Well considering this is well over the key 70% number which determines whether a project will actually get off the ground... this is good news. Ten York looks well on it's way to becoming yet another 60+ storey building in this city. I wish it could have been bigger but at 735ft, it's not bad. It will fit right in with the ICE towers, being taller than the smaller one but slightly shorter than the other one. It will still end up being over 60ft taller than the L Tower. Let's give it a chance before we judge. It could prove to win people here over.

I think they will have no problem meeting their 2017 goal (it's still 5 years away), especially with these strong sales.

Back