Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

I just heard that since Tridel has reached the top of Ten York, they have reassessed the construction schedule and updated to a Final Tentative Occupancy Date. I heard the date got pushed out further though.

I just heard that since Tridel has reached the top of Ten York, they have reassessed the construction schedule and updated to a Final Tentative Occupancy Date. I heard it got pushed out though, to another year or more.

From August 2018 - to February 2019 depends on floor level.

signature units spring 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
Gido, there's been lingering hope of something, ( anything almost ), to crown this upswinging 65 story infill project. Here's hoping the developer is holding out for the big surprise.

December 11, 2017: Taken from the 35th floor of 1 York Street.

Tridel testing its new sabre light feature yesterday for the first time. Quite impressive.
IMG_0136.jpg

LOL ... The "sabre" lights seen above are simply a reflection of the fluorescent lights in the room I was standing in when I took this picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 401
And I consider it to be a fabulous signature building, distinct and vastly more attractive than the glass boxes of downtown. Soon to be an iconic tower, recognizable to all coming downtown Toronto. Sorta like L-Tower, but sans the permanent crane and plywood windows 3 years after occupancy. Bravo, Tridel.

Last edited:
And I consider it to be a fabulous signature building, distinct and vastly more attractive than the glass boxes of downtown. Soon to be an iconic tower, recognizable to all coming downtown Toronto. Sorta like L-Tower, but sans the permanent crane and plywood windows 3 years after occupancy. Bravo, Tridel.

We can all have our opinions on this thread, but I have to question it being a " signature building ". It can pass for a decent, anonymous building, unless shilling for Tridel is the point - they might appreciate the support.

Anonymous is a bit of a stretch. I don’t think anything in this spot at this height could pass as anonymous. Whether one likes the building or not.

We can all have our opinions on this thread, but I have to question it being a " signature building ". It can pass for a decent, anonymous building, unless shilling for Tridel is the point - they might appreciate the support.

I don't work for Tridel, don't know anyone who works for Tridel, don't know anyone who knows Tridel, don't own property in a Tridel building, no one I know owns property in a Tridel building, haven't bought in a Tridel building and won't be buying any Tridel product. Think that covers all the bases.

The Flatiron Building became a Toronto feature over the last 125 years. In my humble and uninformed opinion, the shape, location, height and unavoidable presence of the tower in downtown will serve it well. But wadda I know?

I don't work for Tridel, don't know anyone who works for Tridel, don't know anyone who knows Tridel, don't own property in a Tridel building, no one I know owns property in a Tridel building, haven't bought in a Tridel building and won't be buying any Tridel product. Think that covers all the bases.

The Flatiron Building became a Toronto feature over the last 125 years. In my humble and uninformed opinion, the shape, location, height and unavoidable presence of the tower in downtown will serve it well. But wadda I know?

You most definitely are entitled to your opinion, but calling this property a " a fabulous signature building " needs a response. But what do I know ?

Anonymous is a bit of a stretch. I don’t think anything in this spot at this height could pass as anonymous. Whether one likes the building or not.
There are a clutch of buildings in the immediate area that are roughly of the same height. Given the colour of its glass, it's fair to describe it as at least somewhat anonymous. It blends in - all too well, even - and that's far from what one would ascribe to a "signature" building.

That said, that razor-wedge podium serves it well, gives it some distinction. As it climbs though, it's just another glassy sprout in an area of similarly glassy sprouts.

You most definitely are entitled to your opinion, but calling this property a " a fabulous signature building " needs a response. But what do I know ?
He said signature building, but ones opinions on location and design don’t always warrant a response for others. But maybe to see it from there eyes. I get this all the time. Until I see the crown I have yet to fully judge how it’s really going to look on the skyline. That part for my self, is what will hopefully bring the whole building together. Is it fabulous to me, No. But she’s a nice filler if anything. This area looks much nicer at street level now. And with the rest it’s a nice feel when heading towards the lakefront. It opens right up from huge towers all around. Comming together quite nicely again in my opinion.

Agreed. This building is a disaster!
Which iteration are you referring to? If you are referring to what is being built, then I disagree on both statements. The only reason why I could like Harbour Plaza is that it makes TEN YORK look even nicer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back